Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Not Working

Liam Hayes

Please help my aircon has decided to stop workin it was rattling then stopped so assuming I need a new compressor has anybody got the code I need for it or a place to get a cheap one from

Might be helpful if you say what car you have

When did you last get it regassed?

Easiest way to get a part number is to speak to a Toyota dealer; They can look it up from your reg plate.

Don't no whether its ever been regassed I've had it for a year it's full of gas and when u turn the ac on the revs go up don't no whether that means anything or not

It's normal for the engine note to change a bit as the aircon puts a slight but noticeable load on the engine (On my car, even turning on the headlights makes the engine rev a little higher! :lol:)

It might be worth getting it regassed first to see if that helps as that isn't usually too expensive and will re-lubricate the system.

If it hasn't been regassed for ages tho', then the compressor may have been running dry which will damage it; I hope not tho' as AC compressors are usually quite expensive!

Had the same symptoms on my 05 Avensis a while ago, including the revs changing when switching A/C on. Turned out it need a re-gas

Also check the pollen filter behind the glove box.

Mate mine did the same. There was a littke rattle which got louder and louder. I brought it to a local garage and they said it was the aircon pump.

So they put on a smaller timing belt and bypassed the aircon pump. I looked at second hand pumps and they are a rip off. Nearly £600+ which is a joke. I looked on google and there is a company in birmingham called compressor tech. They take your old pump and remanufacture it. It was about £250. So not cheap. But it is like new again. They also told me there is a common fault in the t25 model. When you change your timing belt, change the tensioner aswell. If the tensioner isnt changed eventually it will rip the pump apart (so they said anyway).

Www.compressortech.co.uk

Got mine off eBay ,just depends if you want new or second hand.mine was

£320 new and £95 for fitting and regas