Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Puddle Lights

Soeley

What next? Puddle lights I decided to go for.

Bought these off eBay £12 from Hong Kong including P&P.

They are wired up to my interior lights so come on and off when the door is opened.

First off remove the door panel (I followed Taz's super guide on how to do this :thumbsup: )

WP_000678_zps0e38b505.jpg

Here is the Puddle Light

WP_000677_zps2bf66cff.jpg

Small hole saw comes included with the price.

WP_000676_zps65c1139c.jpg

Fitted, view from inside the panel.

WP_000682_zps2df98912.jpg

All I needed to do then was feed the wire through one of the existing cuts in the door liner and feed it through the door grommet to the car interior.

This is all you see from the bottom of the door panel.

WP_000532_zps342f1432.jpg

How does it look?

WP_000555_zps55f2cc8b.jpg

WP_000556_zps434a2658.jpg

This is becoming very popular here in the States. I'm going to add it to my to do list.

Very nice installation. I'm very impressed with the amount of light they produce.

Very nice i had some on mine of my own style but they kept "kissing " the door seal and marking it so removed them and now use the ones fitted to the wing mirror repeators

David

• 6 months later...
Hello, is it possible to have pictures of the explanation of the electrical connection

thank you :-)

Hi Thomas

I am not sure what you are asking as you have already wired yours up. You can take a feed off the Dome light through out the roof lining each side and come down each of the door pillars and feed through the rubber cable gland to each of your puddle lights so they will mimic what the Dome is switched to. Or, come through the rubber gland and connect to the contacts each side which Toyota use for footwell lighting.. information from on- line footwell lighting installation documents I have fitted illuminated scuff panels as well as puddle lights in the side mirrors from the same connections

David

post-109788-0-55078600-1392489725_thumb.

post-109788-0-09030300-1392489814_thumb.

• Like 1

'as well as puddle lights in the side mirrors from the same connections'

Nice

Excellent job Mark, I love the fact you see the Toyota logo whilst it lights up 'puddles.' Did you choose where to install it, or was that already marked out (no pun intended)? Love it, you could get a job doing that you know.

Thanks Bob, I choose where to fit them once I'd removed the door liner, as I didn't know what restriction they were hiding. I knew I wanted them as far back as possible, so that they'd still be effective if you can only open the door slightly to squeeze in/out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links