Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tns 510 Cover

john270_6

Any body know how to take the top or side covers of the tns 510 nav on the IQ .

thanks for reading

John

I'm guessing its not to dissimilar to the normal radio unit (If I'm wrong somebody correct me quick 😛).

1) Grab the climate control 'triangle' either side and pull towards you.

2) Disconnect any plugs you see on the back of that part & place to one side.

3) Now you should see in the holes that are now visible a bolt on either side recessed underneath the TNS.

4) Undo both bolts & put somewhere safe.

5) The TNS 'should' now pull toward you enabling access to the plugs which will need disconnection.

Any drama's though. Try consulting these online guides:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/

Use the "Owner" section, have a poke around and have fun,

Si

• Like 1

Slightly a bit more. Having taken the triangle A/c panel off. You then have to put both hands round the back of the top of the tns near the windscreen and pull/slide towards you. 4 clips un-hook and the top can be lifted off to the left as it holds a cable tie holding the seat belt display which can be un-plugged and the cable restraint pulled out. You can then remove the top completely. You dont have to remove the 4 x10mm bolts unless you want to remove the tns completely. May i ask why you want to remove the top as i know lots about the tns 510 and 350

David

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys that will help a lot I had no idear how to get into it

My problem is a lack of GPS signal most of the time... I was wondering if it was possible to move the aireal out side.

Also I have a Dab unit its not at all good either, it looses signal and goes dead most of the time.

The maps are good, and the motorway slip road show up fine but often I'm rundown a field off road for ages till It finds a gps signal then all is ok .

If the arial is under the cover at the back mof the set it may be cousing attenuation of the signal.....maybe.

The dab aireal is in a daft place stuck to the windscreen top left corner

Any help please.

john

Did you have the DAB module fitted after you bought ii? It could be routing of the cables. Its easy to see the GPS antenna.. Its kind of on a shelf under the dash just behind the TNS.. make sure the top of it is not covered by any wires.. It receives at 1.5ghz and any cable across the top of it will reduce the signal.

Don't know how long you have had DAB in your car or how rural you are. The DAB receivers have the "Squelch " level set quite high so to the listener, you either receive the channel or not..you won't get a listenable weak signal its either on or off. As i have said before you are better getting a unlimited data sim like giffgaff and stream thousands of stations via bluetooth than the few stations on DAB

David

The dab module was factory fitted so was the tns 510.

I was watching the gps signal go on and off all the time going home up the A64 to day... why it should do that on an open road is a mistery. I will open the lid and have a look soon.

Its nice to have but I think it should work better than it is doing . Most of the time it looks like I'm runing over a field off the road.

Thanks

John

Hi John

Gps receivers in general are notorious and go "deaf" mainly due to the high sensitivity of the pre amplifier getting hit by static. Etc

Where in the county do you live? I have a spare receiver you could try if after you have removed the tns top and made sure nothing is draped over the top of it. Did the problem just start happening or has it been like it since you had the car

David

Its always been the same . I'm due a service soon so I may see if they will have a look . I don't want to invalidate the warranty.

Also I'm having trouble with the steering lock. Once it locks the wheel it takes ages to get started again the green light on ignition button just flashes green.

Its needs be solid green to start engine.

This problem as happened 3 time last time I was just about to call the aa when the s lock came clear and engine started.

Ok John sorry didn't know it was new under warranty . Best for them to look at it .

The other problem is often a problem if using smart entry and the key fob is in your pocket with bunches of keys, metal credit card holders or mobile phones as the shield the fob from the aerials. if still problematic, try placing the key fob on your seat next to you when you get in and see if the problem occurs.

David

• 2 years later...

Hi David, I wish to make a bookmark on this topic cause I wish to return on it after with you thanks. Vito