Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Con

Colin J.S

Hi, with this heatwave I am really missing having air con in my Aygo. How difficult would it be to upgrade my car ? What parts would I need to do so?

Hmm, I should of searched the forum before I posted.....I see from past threads it's not really a practical preposition worth consideration.....thanks anyway!

• Like 1

Thank you for searching! :thumbsup: :D

(Would have gotten bonus points for pasting some links in tho' :P)

Nice one! :lol: Have a virtual beer! :beer::drunk:

I had an idea tho' - You could add aircon with just one part; It is a bit pricey tho' so you may need to sell the Aygo :(

Anyway, the part is available at most Mr T's, the code is 1.4D4DYARISTSPIRIT... :D

My 2011 Aygo Go! has air con and when I bought it I was told that although they list Aygos without air con all those they get and sell are the air con models. So you should find plenty of examples if you decide to exchange for another one. I find it very useful all year round (reducing moisture in the winter) but in the hot weather I also enjoy turning it off and opening the windows fully.

David

He has the same problem I did when I wanted a 5-door diesel Yaris; I bought my old 3-door for something nuts like 6k way back when, but a month later I saw a 5-door one for the same price at the same dealer - After some gnashing of teeth I asked about trading mine in, but they wouldn't give me more than 3.8k for my 3-door (Slim margins my shiny metal...) so would have effectively cost me over £1000 per door to part-ex it, which I just couldn't justify!

(In the end I hung onto it for a few years until my brother passed his test, which gave me a better excuse to buy one and hand mine down :D)

That is the problem with moving sideways with the same model - The loss is disproportionately high; I suspect you could retrofit the aircon for less than it would be to do a trade-in swap... :unsure:

I love my little Aygo and I have put in quite a lot of mods so don't want to part with it.......i will keep my eyes and ears open for a salvage car as a donor maybe...;-)

He has the same problem I did when I wanted a 5-door diesel Yaris; I bought my old 3-door for something nuts like 6k way back when, but a month later I saw a 5-door one for the same price at the same dealer - After some gnashing of teeth I asked about trading mine in, but they wouldn't give me more than 3.8k for my 3-door (Slim margins my shiny metal...) so would have effectively cost me over £1000 per door to part-ex it, which I just couldn't justify!

(In the end I hung onto it for a few years until my brother passed his test, which gave me a better excuse to buy one and hand mine down :D)

That is the problem with moving sideways with the same model - The loss is disproportionately high; I suspect you could retrofit the aircon for less than it would be to do a trade-in swap... :unsure:

I know what you mean, I bought mine for over 10k and probably 10 months later asked the dealer to buy it back (so I could buy my brother-in-laws MX5) and they would give me £6k for it. So I have kept the Aygo and will hand on to one of my children sometime soon.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links