Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need To Change Fron Brake Discs And Pads. Are Those Good Ones?

garnet

Hi

I have strong vibrations on my wheel at speeds over 65 m/h. I guess it is either dis-balanced wheels/tyres and/or waroed brake discs.

So I am thinking about buying this brake set:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Corolla-Pagid-Front-Brake-Kit-255mm-Vented-Sumitomo-System-Discs-Pads-/300871557194?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Cars+Year%3A2001%7CCar+Make%3AToyota%7CModel%3ACorolla&hash=item460d57a04a

it is by Pagid. What is your opinion on Pagid and this offer as a whole.

Appreciated.

Pagid are owned by TMD Friction - who also own Mintex.

Take a look at the MTEC discs and pads which are very good...

Pagid are owned by TMD Friction - who also own Mintex.

What does this mean? Are they worth it?

Yea Mintex have a reputation on here for being pretty cheap and good.

I have pagid fronts and rear disc/pads on my t sport at the moment, had them on for about 4 months and they are absolutely fine. The pads come with anti squeal shims as well and they don't make a sound.

Bought mine from eurocarparts and they have a discount on currently, but it works out a little more than that deal.

Hi.

You would first be better trying to identifying the problem than replacing parts at random.

If the vibrations are mainly though the steering wheel then wheel balance is the first thing to have checked.

Could also be worn suspension or steering parts, how long since your last mot ?

Warped front discs typically cause bad vibrations though the steering when braking hard from high speed.

Brake discs and pads have specified minimum thickness so you really want to check those first.

Padig are sold by a few of the big car part chains so reasonable qualiity, but like anything you get what you pays for.

Also be 100% sure you get the right parts for you car, eBay is not an easy or cheap place to return parts to.

If you buy local eg ECP or GSF etc you can easily take them back .

Hi, You can go through net, there you easily get excellent product from top manf. like Kool-Stop, Hawk, EBC etc. :driving:

First of all you have to analyse the actual problem that cause this vibration after that you have to go for it.

It sounds to me like a wheel balancing problem too. Get them on a balancing machine and get them balanced up before throwing a load of parts at the car.