Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control?

craggle

Hi All

I'm currently sitting outside a very nice hotel in a small village called Saundersfoot in South Wales enjoying the sun with a nice cold Coke and I got to thinking about the journey down here from Surrey. :)

The iQ behaved perfectly as expected on a non stop 250 mile run in very hot conditions. The only thing I did miss though was cruise control. I used to have this on my Range Rover and it was great for sitting on a motorway and staying somewhere near the legal limit.

Has anyone ever fitted an after-market cruise control kit and got any information, recommendations, thoughts Etc? Would it be worth fitting to the iQ and how are they with a manual gearbox, My Range Rover was auto so not sure how manuals behave with cruise fitted?

I'm not on holiday by the way, down here working on a project at Pendine sands so should be heading home again tomorrow evening.

Craig.

I have the Rostra unit on my Scion iQ (automatic transmission), and it works as well as any other aftermarket cruise unit. It holds speed well, and is inconspicuous in location.

Negatives are the Resume/Speed Up button and the Coast/Set buttons are a little slow to respond. However, this has been typical of all aftermarket cruise units that I have used. Also, the only practical location for it is on the left side of the wheel (which is great for you, of course), which means that the "on" light is concealed behind the steering wheel spoke.

We would not have bought the iQ if there had not been a cruise unit available for the car. Thus far, we have used it on three multi-thousand mile trips. Flawless operation the whole time. You will have to call about the manual transmission, though.

I have a original Toyota cruisecontrol fitted as I bought the iQ

It sits rather onconventional left of the steering wheel en rather way down.

It has 3 little buttons you can program for a fixed speed. Also you can set the speed by turning in counterclockwise....

During a CC you can axcelerate by turnig anticlockwise ... or lower the speed by turnig the handle clockwise...

On the down part is the on/off button and on the top is the cancel of the CC button.

It works fine... only to reach for it is rather annoying...

And it must be said that I have a CVT car.... so above 40 km/hr it can be fixed the speed...

Wonder what the Cygnet has, as it claims to have Cruise

David

• Like 1

I'm interested in this cruise control.can you tell me were it fits and about the wiring is it can bus.

John

This is fitted by mr T for about 650 euro's

sits rather onconventional left of the steering wheel en rather way down.

It has 3 little buttons you can program for a fixed speed. Also you can set the speed by turning in counterclockwise....

During a CC you can axcelerate by turnig anticlockwise ... or lower the speed by turnig the handle clockwise...

On the down part is the on/off button and on the top is the cancel of the CC button.

It works fine... only to reach for it is rather annoying...

• Like 1

would it void my warranty having one fitted

As far as I know Toyota do not have one available as extras or I would have had one fitted from new

Who is mr t is there a web site and is yours a cvt

That look very good . You bet I would like one fitting wish it had been an option from new

post-119111-0-10922700-1335817460_thumb.
post-119111-0-12037200-1335633790_thumb.

post-119111-0-41521300-1335633403_thumb.

this is the Isports pack look nice but makes no difrence on the road handling etc

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links