Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Phone Holder

rambler

Ive just got myself a Samsung galaxy s4 and need a decent in Rav holder for it.

I got a universal one but the phone is fairly loose in it.

I've looked at ' bury ' devise holders but just too expensive

I need to plug charger into base of the phone occasionally .But the phone needs to be solid in its holder.

In the central compartment, Jamie, out of sight IMHO.......don't have it on show, even the empty holster.........they will take that anyway.

Ive just got myself a samsung galaxy s4 and need a decent in Rav holder for it.

I got a universal one but the phone is fairly loose in it.

I've looked at ' bury ' devise holders but just too expensive

I need to plug charger into base of the phone occasionally .But the phone needs to be solid in its holder.

Have a look at these, Jamie

http://www.brodit.com/brodit.html?pn=home

We,ve got them in both our RAV's and they're very good. They are car & phone specific but you can get adjustable holders, e.g., I've got one that fits my i-Pod & my Lumia phone.

Quality is excellent.

Have a look at these, Jamie

http://www.brodit.com/brodit.html?pn=home

We,ve got them in both our RAV's and they're very good. They are car & phone specific but you can get adjustable holders, e.g., I've got one that fits my i-Pod & my Lumia phone.

Quality is excellent.

Spot on Jim! - I've used several Brodit holders for phones and iPods and the quality is excellent. They usually do two versions: One that is just for holding the phone and one which is slightly more expensive but charges the phone when it is in the holder. Unless you need to use the phone for navigation, I'm with Kev - mount it in the console where it isn't a temptation for anyone. I have separate Brodit holders for my bluetooth phone and iPod in the top tray of my centre console. The devices connect and disconnect very easily and don't put any strain on the connection. If you want to buy one, have a google as the cost varies quiet a bit. HTH

All good kit.

I would look at either vent mounting or windscreen suction mount ,as i don't want to drill any holes.

Have resisted drilling holes in my lovely dash for all these years.Had even thought of wedging a thin sheet of metal between the grey garnish surround ( around the stereo / vents etc ) then attaching a phone holder to that.Make it all look nice though,spray it matt black.

Really could do with a holder that accepts the phone with its silicone cover on it, as its a pain to keep taking cover on & off.

All good kit.

I would look at either vent mounting or windscreen suction mount ,as i don't want to drill any holes.

Have resisted drilling holes in my lovely dash for all these years.Had even thought of wedging a thin sheet of metal between the grey garnish surround ( around the stereo / vents etc ) then attaching a phone holder to that.Make it all look nice though,spray it matt black.

Really could do with a holder that accepts the phone with its silicone cover on it, as its a pain to keep taking cover on & off.

The vent mounts work a treat; we've got them in both cars.

My Lumia has a silicone cover and it fits fine in the Brodit cradle - as I said the cradle is adjustable via knurled screws.

In the central compartment, Jamie, out of sight IMHO.......don't have it on show, even the empty holster.........they will take that anyway.

I'm with Kev on this one.

In fact, I took it further on my RAV 4.3 by making a "secret" compartment in the central storage bin to keep it in, so even if the armrest was flipped open the phone (or iPod in my case) would not been seen.

I bet the scrotes who nicked my RAV have still never even found the iPod down there, although they will not have failed to notice the HTC phone in the cradle on the dash (using a Dashmount support IIRC, which works really well if you really want it on show!)

Well for all these years i've had a mobile phone,i've always had it on a window suction mount for ease of use with the use of loudspeaker ( for handsfree calling ).Don't really see its any different from pressing buttons on the stereo.

And its even easier now with voice dialing ,flight mode etc etc.

If i can't take a call with it being on loudspeaker,then i just don't.I wait until i'm safely parked then call back.

But with the size of the s4,i feel it needs a good strong dash mounted holder,and well....tbh,with regards to the phone,if i'm not in the car....then neither is the phone.The phone is always with me,its just the way i am.

I never leave anything of any value in the Rav,mind you apart from the Rav ,i don't own anything of any value ;)

All good kit.

The vent mounts work a treat; we've got them in both cars.

My Lumia has a silicone cover and it fits fine in the Brodit cradle - as I said the cradle is adjustable via knurled screws.

Take caution with vent mount holders. i have broken two of my vent angling doobries using one like that. Total pain in the arse and makes it look cr@p.

Well i bought a mount bracket so far,i've had to remove that grey surround around the stereo,then remove the audio unit rear fixing bolt and secure the bracket to that,then re-fit that surround.

So i've now got a good strong dash mount.

All i need now is to find a Brodit active cradle....for a half reasonable price :D

521409.jpg

This is what i want but for the s4....but me being tight :D don't really want to pay £70 for it !!

Well i bought a mount bracket so far,i've had to remove that grey surround around the stereo,then remove the audio unit rear fixing bolt and secure the bracket to that,then re-fit that surround.

All i need now is to find a Brodit active cradle....for a half reasonable price :D

521409.jpg

This is what i want but for the s4....but me being tight :D don't really want to pay £70 for it !!

Jamie,

have a look at: http://www.simplymounts.com/product-detail/27515/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-GT-I9505-Brodit-Active-holder-for-fixed-installation./

Looks a bit cheaper and it appears to do what you want. HTH

521409.jpg

Jamie,

have a look at: http://www.simplymounts.com/product-detail/27515/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-GT-I9505-Brodit-Active-holder-for-fixed-installation./

Thanks for that Chris,really appreaciate it.But i really want a holder that accepts the phone with the case / cover on it,the one i pictured lets me just clip it in, then clip it out with one hand only...as the top is sprung up / down.

The search goes on........i may end just paying what the Brodit is worth. :mellow:

521409.jpg

Jamie,

Thanks for that Chris,really appreaciate it.But i really want a holder that accepts the phone with the case / cover on it,the one i pictured lets me just clip it in, then clip it out with one hand only...as the top is sprung up / down.

The search goes on........i may end just paying what the Brodit is worth. :mellow:

I've had several in-car holders over the years. Most were windscreen mounted & ended up in the bin owing to the fact that they were badly made, badly designed or allowed the phone to vibrate or shake leading to the thing detaching itself from the windscreen and depositing the whole unit, including the phone, on the floor.

The Brodit cradles that we now use are superbly made and they work. As I said I have an adjustable cradle that I originally bought for my iPod Classic but it also fits my Nokia Lumia (with its gel cover fitted) without any re-adjustment. At the end of the day you get what you pay for; the Brodit kit isn't cheap but you'll only need to buy it once.

• 2 years later...