Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Easy Solution To Something That's Bugged Me For A While

S2Sosmart

Because my little one sometimes travels in the back the seatbelt doesn't slot into the panel slot & stay there for very long !! This leads to the seatbelt clip banging on the trim which does my head in on my daily commute.😁😠

So. Easy solution. Pop the trim out enough to get behind and install a small magnet just below where the clip goes through like so

image.jpg

Put the trim back and now the clip is restrained just enough to prevent it falling out all the time.

Si 😎😎

• Like 1

That's a great idea. Only one other problem to solve..... how to get
youngsters, teenagers and older to put the seatbelt clip in the slot
when they get out! :g:

I noticed that my rear seat belts buckles banged (rattled) against the plastic trim when not in use as i was going along so I purchased the little black plastic buttons that fit through the seat belt and stop the buckle slipping down, I fitted one on each seat belt in a position high enough to move (lift) the buckles up and away from the plastic trim, this solved the problem.

Another simple design fault by Toyota.

The second generation IQs have a proper clip to do the job, so MrT did respond when we complained about this about 4-5 years ago.

John

• Like 1

Ha its funny how history repeats itself Bob

I too did the same and with the front seat belts to stop them getting stuck in the door. Documented on here about a year and a half ago.

David

• Like 1