Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Cycle Carrier Recommendation?

aidanthomson

Has anyone got a recommendation for a rear cycle carrier? It is for a 2006 T180. Can't use a roof mounted as we have already got a Thule roofbox.

All a bit last minute as we go to Holland next week and my wife has thought it might be a better idea to take our bikes as it is a bit expensive to hire them at Center Parcs where we are going.

Thanks

if not on the roof, do you have a spare wheel on the back or a tow bar already fitted? if not it will be cheaper to hire rather than get it all fitted in time to go, in fact a cycle carrier will cost more than the rental at a guess.

Gus

No rear mounted spare wheel as it is a T180. Prefer to buy as we also need to take our son's rear mounted bike seat as we have fittings on both bikes. Also we want to use it with my Volvo as our son is 3 and we want to take our bikes and eventually his own.

I ended up having a tow bar fitted and buying a tow bar mounted bike rack, I could not find a tailgate mounted rack that would fit the Rav, I will be honest it was not an exhaustive search.

good luck.

Gus

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2013 Icon and had a detachable Thule Towbar fitted with a Thule Euroride Carrier, used the people who fit for Toyota but dealer told me to go direct to save money ((Toyota wanted £900), paid £350 for towbar and had the carrier 2 years now - best way to carry bikes and the carrier fits nicely in the boot when you get to where you are going. We use it a lot now, easy to use and quick to fit, use a detachable so you don't catch your legs on it when its not in use!