Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Problem

healeyneil

Any good ideas please for my daughters 06 plate Yaris.

While trying to jump start it I blew the main fuse and a few others ( I know..... )

Everything now works but the central locking, either from the remote or the key. I have checked every fuse I can find and all are OK. Is there something Im missing ?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried disconnecting the Battery for 10 minutes to see whether it will reset.

I will give that a try , thanks. Am I right in thinking that the central locking should work by using the key in the door ? Obviously normally the button on the key works

Neil

Hi again. Still nothing Im afraid. The other doors only lock and unlock from their individual button on the door

Any good ideas please for my daughters 06 plate Yaris.

While trying to jump start it I blew the main fuse and a few others ( I know..... )

Everything now works but the central locking, either from the remote or the key. I have checked every fuse I can find and all are OK. Is there something Im missing ?

Thanks in advance

First check the room fuse, in fact replace to be sure. Second the Battery in your fob could be low and it is pure coincidence that the two faults occurred at the same time. After that the drivers door lock sends the signal to open the other doors. Need to verify that it is working correctly.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Hi thanks. Room fuse ? Would turning the key in the door lock not work the locking even if the key for Battery was low ?

Hi thanks. Room fuse ? Would turning the key in the door lock not work the locking even if the key for battery was low ?

Yes, the key should work independently of the fob. However, sometimes the fobs get out of synch and you have to experiment. Have you got a second fob? If so try that, check the Battery first. If you have two fobs, try locking with one and unlocking with the other, then, vice versa, the fob and key etc. If no luck then the first thing to examine is the drivers door lock.

Regards Geoff Peace.