Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.2 D4D

t-spiritpete

I felt so pleased with my Avensis 2.2 D4D fuel consumption today I had to post on here. On 90mile round trip, mostly motorway the computer results were 65.5mpg (which is usually spot on) the fuel gauge hardly moved from exactly 1/2 full to just below that line. Constant 65mph where possible at around 1800rpm in 6th gear most of the time.

Our petrol 1.3 Yaris SR couldn't get that MPG no matter how hard I tried .... you can't beat a big diesel engine ;) .

Pete :) .

I think I must be doing something wrong as I never use 6th gear below about 75mph for fear of straining the gears as 6th must be so high. I usually stick to 5th at 65mph and get 48-52mpg - am I doing it wrong ?

I'm not 100% on this Andy but I believe your T180 MAY have higher gearing and the torque figures will be different to my 150bhp.

I wouldn't let my engine labour so at 60-65mph in 6th gear the throttle is extremely light and I would drop down to 5th gear even on slight inclines AND I was trying for a high mpg figure yesterday just as a test and 65.5mpg was the result. I have driven this route before and just driven "normally" within the 70mph motorway limits ;) and my car would still return 60mpg.

I would just like to add driving to get maximum mpg is not good for these engines long term unless you are going to have a regular "Italian Tuneup" to remove the crap from the EGR etc etc so my test was just a one off mate :thumbsup: .

Regards

Pete.

I'm believe fuel consumption figures improve for drivers over a certain age. Something to do with it all being downhill from there.......?

Sorry couldn't resist that.

• Like 1

I'm believe fuel consumption figures improve for drivers over a certain age. Something to do with it all being downhill from there.......?

Sorry couldn't resist that.

Pure class that comment mate :lol2: .

Pete.

Get it into top gear as soon as you can, probably over 60 mph, you will know if the engine is labouring, thats what it's there for ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

That's cracking mpg my IS220d does about 48mpg motorway cruising at 70ish with booting it now and again - I could never drive slow enough to go 65mph on a motorway, as said 6th gear is useless in the 180, so that's all done in 5th

6th gear in the T180 is a great gear over 90mph .... :)

lol indeed as I was shocked to find out in a recent drive in Europe! It really did not like 6th at 80mph - what were they thinking when they thought out the gearing?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links