Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knocking Noise

man r

When I drive over a rough section of the road I hear a knocking sound from the front and a rattling sound when I excelerate in a high gear going slow .. any ideas would really appreciate it ..thanks

Hi,

The knocking could be so many things, you need to get down there and check things out, if its not your thing then for a small fee most garages will do you a mot type check of the front end suspension and steering.

The rattling sound, again could just about be anything, but it could be engine 'pinking' which often happens in the situation you described.

Is you car fully serviced, good plugs, air filter and oil etc.

I brought it to my nearest mot garage an they swapped around drop links an nothing changed .then took it to kwik fit 3 times because the though they fixed it and they even booked there top technician mechanic to come in and have a look and he checked every thing supposedly. He even used the vibrating plate and still seen nothing. Only have the car 3weeks and was only mot'd 2months ago. As for the service I dont no when it was done last thats why I wanted the full service kit. Could you recommend any good mechanics in the London area ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links