Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Tyres Do You Use?

Crasstoe

Just had 4 new Uniroyal Rain Experts fitted and the car is stupidly well planted.

So this leads me to ask, what tyres do you use?

I have Goodyear Eagles 17s on my SR180 fitted at just over £100 per wheel and these suit the car well

Pete

My last Auris and my current one were shod with Continentals. Our Hyundai i20 has Kumho's.

When we replace tyres we have tended to go for whatever seems a reasonable deal. Last car we changed tyres on - a 2007 Mazda 2 which had 205/45/16's on - a pair of Yokohamas replaced the front Pirelli P Zero Neros, and later when we needed a full set, we changed to Kumho's. The Kumho's gave a more compliant ride than the Pirelli's/Yokohama's and were noticeably quieter.

Hi, I am using Continentals. There is less road noise than the previous Goodyear tyres and the road grip and handling seem to be much better.

Regards

Allan

I've been using Uniroyal RainExpert 2's since buying the car, but recently tried a change to GoodYear Eagle F1 Assymetrics. The ride is slightly harder, but they grip well in rain & shine. They're also pretty quiet so I'm pleased with them so far.

This leads me on to ask, what made you buy the tyres you use?

I originally put a pair of Uniroyal Rain Experts on the front when it was serviced by Toyota and their wet weather grip sold them to me, not to mention they were quiet.

This time round I needed all 4 changing and a local mobile fitter (www.grippy.co.uk) were doing the Rain Experts with 30% off, sold them for me!

Easy ! I got the Uniroyals for a good price & I was impressed by their wet weather ratings, The GoodYears are rated as well in the rain & better in the dry, plus they`re slightly quieter overall. For a premuim brand tyre they were also well-priced.

Continental Premium 5's - Good grip, good in the wet, pretty quiet, wear rate a bit higher than the old Premium 2's.

Got them because the 2' I had before were good and had consistently high ratings, and wanted to see how the 5's were :)

Continental also seem to be the most reasonable cost of all the premium tyre manufacturers for my Yaris, at least for 14's

Contisportcontact3 (225/45 R17) / Pirelli Sottozero II (205/55 R16)

I use Summer tyres only as I Live in Malta

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 225/45 R17 (Back)

Khumo ECSTA SPT KU31 225/45 R17 (Front) ---> Want to get Vredestein as well :)

Why Vredestein...?

- better Tyre than all mid range tyre brands

- more Grip!

- Best Value for Money

- Amazing Design (Giugiaro)

Rgds,

IG

I had Contis on my old car and switched to Uni rain experts purely based on the price, was shocked by how well they gripped in the rain compared to the contis, and they really helped with the grip on the road during the wet winter we just had...i cant be sure but i think they wore out quicker than the contis

Had bridgestones when i first got the car. Couldn't wait to get rid of them never liked them on my MR2. Changed to Conti's had them for a little while but when i went to purchase new ones they had gone up quite a bit. I then opted for Goodyear's and been using them ever since. Rain,dry,snow and frost much prefer these Goodyear's.

• Like 1