Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hard Suspension

Ahsidd

I have started feeling that my Toyota Avensis 2009 car is no more a joy ride taking in the account that it's hard on the road and it's transferring the shock waves under my bums. If windows are open I could even hear the sound of rejection of the suspension to take any load of a bump and stuff in the boot can be heard jumping and colliding, windows closed then it all turned in to a drummers noisy garage.

Can any one tell what's wrong?

Is it me or any one else have had the same problem?

Should I go to Toyota Service?

Regards

have you checked your tyre pressures? also how old are the tyres how much tread is there left?

Alex

First place I'd be looking at is the tyres. Are they correctly inflated at recommended pressures ? Are the wheels a silly 18' size ? If so, they can totally spoil the car's ride comfort. At only 4 years old it's extremely unlikely the shocks have worn out or burst a seal.

OK, First of all thanks for replies,

I have changed the front tyres with the new one last month not a problem with tyres itself. They are 17" and recommend pressure gauge is front 40 real 37.

This morning I deflated them to front 37 and rear 35 that felt a bit better but still not comfy enough the i further deflated to front 33 and rear 31 and now it's quite well, I don't fell any change in the boost or speed.

Is it too under inflated for a saloon with 17" tyres?

Can it harm engin or anything in any way?

I am not too sure about anything like "extra acceleration" or "heavey car" kind of feelings.

Regards

Check what the pressures should be in your handbook, I thought they were 32 all round on Avensis but please check

I would also check the shock absorbers for leaks, they could be faulty

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure the pressures for my T27 are 40 and 37 too. I ran mine softer for a bit but discovered I got better fuel economy with them higher.

pressures of 40 and 41 are recommended if you have the eco tyres, otherwise its 36 and 34, i run mine at 35 all round, but once the tred gets down to 3 or 4 mm it does seam to give a harsher drive.

A general rule of thumb with regard to Tyre Inflation pressure, is Look at the Wheel size,in this case 17" and double it = 34psi,at least this was the way we did it when i was in the tyre fast fit trade,i think you'll find this about right,if you regularly travel with the car fully loaded with passengers ,bump it up 4 psi or so hth...

?The car has'nt been lowered by any chance has it.....