Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charcoal Filter ?

sooty11

It says in the handbook it needs checking every 20k miles. However I can't find it and it doesn't say what about it to check, anyone done this before ? Thanks.

Are you asking about the air conditioning filter (or pollen filter)?

No I don't think it's the same. I've not got the service book to hand, but I'm pretty sure it lists them seperatly. I'll double check later on.

From doing a web search the charcoal canister is located on a bracket at the rear of the fuel tank. Something to do with controlling fuel vapour.

Ah right thanks. Sounds about right, it's used to absorb fuel vapour. Not sure how it can be checked though?

Nothing for Joe Egg to do to it. From the engine manual

To reduce hydrocarbon emissions, fuel vapor from the fuel tank is routed through a charcoal canister to the intake manifold for combustion in the cylinders. The ECM changes the duty signals to the purge VSV (vacuum switching valve assembly) so that the intake amount of hydrocarbon emissions is appropriate for the driving conditions (engine load, engine speed, vehicle speed, etc.) after the engine is warmed up.

No need to go poking around :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup: