Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lower Plastic Engine Tray

Chris Dance

Parking today i went too far forward and the front lower end of my Prius scraped over a kerb. On investigation the front lower plastic tray was hanging loose and the retaining clips were all pulled out. Quite a bit of damage for a small scrape. I taped the tray up and went to .the Toyota dealer. they removed the tray and asked me to return later that afternoon and they would have the new clips etc in. On return this afternoon it took the dealer 30Mins to fix it and there was NO Charge. A first class service from my local dealer. All I have to do is sort out some scratches on the lower front embellisher.

Prius owners beware scraping over a kerb can cause quite a bit of damage to the lower engine trays and retaining clips.

• Like 1

excellent..........nothing more life affirming than good dealer service

my IQ was so well look after, that I bought a new Prius, so Toyota get paid back in spades

Nice result.

The front undertray is held on by plastic push rivets (and some screws on the leading edge). If the tray gets deformed, the plastic rivets will pop. The tray is pretty sturdy and should be OK. All you need to do is raise the car and refit the tray with new rivets.

On the other hand, towards the back of the undertray is a flap which allows access to the engine (for oil draining etc.). This has a feeble plastic hinge which after a few open and close operations, can become weak. A thump on this and the hinge can break causing the flap to drop and turn into a scoop. :(

Ooooh which dealer in Bucks?

MKukO. I do not know if I can name the dealer on this forum??? However, Aylesbury is the town. You can look the Toyota dealer up; there is only one in the town.

There's a moral here Chris.

There are many reasons for parking by reversing into your chosen bay.

You are fortunate to get the sympathy of your dealers and a freebie fix

Edited by Red Yaris 54
Personal attack on member deleted....Please keep your self opinionated comments to yourself

Thank you Terry for your unhelpful incorrect comments. You are not aware of the circumstances. It was not an enclosed parking bay as you suggest ALL drivers using the parking area drive into it. You know nothing about me so your comments about my driving expertise are unwarranted. Gentle suggestion: Think before you write incorrect comments.

MKukO. I do not know if I can name the dealer on this forum??? However, Aylesbury is the town. You can look the Toyota dealer up; there is only one in the town.

Yes....Why not?.......It is Stephen Eagell (Toyota) Aylesbury

Good customer service deserves recognition :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links