Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights Won't Switch Off On Auto

Ivan Galea

So Lately I have been having some trouble with the Auto Lights.

I usually go in the garage and as soon as I open the door the car starts beeping cause the key is in the ignition which is usual, but the most important part is that once I used to open the door the lights used to switch OFF automatically. Nowadays I open the door and it does not beep although the key is in the ignition and the light are not turning off.

In order to switch them off... is either press the unlock button taking the key out of the ignition or keep closing and opening till it actually shuts off... or don't use auto lights. :(

Anyone else experienced such a thing and if possible can you share a solution.

Car:

Auris 2008

SR180

2.2ltr

Regards,

IG

Most likely cause is a faulty drivers door pin switch. When they fault the car can't see the door opening so auto lights stay on and key warning doesn't sound you might also find the interior lights working unusually and the red door open warning not working.

Issue solved, I removed the switch myself. I found the switch from inside covered with wax... I just had it detailed recently.

(When removing the switch be careful as soon as you remove the electrical wires they retract back in the hole :) which can be a pain then to get out)

I used penetrating Oil and worked the switch a little, sprayed on the spring mostly. When installed it again, the switch started working immediately.

Thanks Devon for your reply, much appreciated

Regards,

IG