Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Park Assist

Shugster

Does the park assist function on the new Auris perform reverse parking into a space as well as parallel parking?

No, according to the hand book it only supports parallel parking.

I did try it out for reverse parking just after I got it, but it would not recognize the space to reverse into.

Once you get used to using the reversing camera, it is very easy to reverse park, once you get used to not using the mirrors.

Thanks. Watched video on you tube but it was for the Prius and it had that facility.

Yes i can confirm too that the reversing cameras make reverse parking easy! .. .just line up the lines parallel to the ones on the screen and you find your self dead centre in the space

As for park assist, although i have it, i have not been able to use it properly yet due to it being quicker to do it my self (best when lots of people behind you), and that the only other place i had to parallel park (outside front of my house) there is a bush, and the park assist wont work as their is not enough space to the right for it (i do admit it is almost scratching against the car when i do it my self) so i tend to park it in my self with reverse camera.

One thing to watch out for with park assist is that it wont stop you moving.... eerrr.. best example i can give is when i first tried it (not reading the manual) i started it off put car in reverse, it turns the steering wheel for you as you go back... but i thought it might stop once i had gone back far enough... nope and i ended up on the pavement. The car just makes a continuous beep sound which is suppose to indicate for you to stop and put it in forward/reverse....so yet to really try it out!

I have not been brave enough to try it out yet.

I have not been brave enough to try it out yet.

That makes at least 2 of us. The camera however is really good.

G...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links