Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading Finance Early

Alice Cooke

Had a look at posts and dont really understand. I got my car in march 12 for 36 months. Im pregnant and have decided that although i like my aygo. its not really suitable for baby. So i want to upgrade to a yaris or something similar. My aygo isnt in brilliant condition. What will i have to pay for? do i have to pay to end the contract or just pay more on top of what im paying? :S

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

As regards your finance you need to check the agreement first to see what should happen on early termination - as far as I'm aware you shouldn't need to pay up to the end of the contract, but there may be an early termination fee.

Did you buy the Aygo from a Toyota dealer? If so presumably the finance was with Toyota Finance (?). If you're considering an upgrade to a Yaris, why not seek the advice of your local Toyota dealer to see how easy it is to upgrade?

if its is on a personal contract plan (pcp) then you may have problems cancelling the contract as you are tied in for a set period of time but i think you can sell the remainder of the pcp to someone else,if it is just hp that you have then the dealer will give you a valuation for your car and if they value your car, if its valued at more than you owe on your finance then you will have a deposit to go onto your next car,BUT if they value the car at less than you owe, you will have to find the difference to clear the finance before you can proceed with the purchase of your next car.

congratulations

i will be a dad in 9 weeks