Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Great Service.

Paulus17

Well we had a little prob with the Rav,well so we thought,Friday evening when Mrs P came home from work,which is what prompted me to ask Big Kev to ask for help on our behalf on the forum and me ben able to get back on here.

Mrs P said she could here like a shsh shsh noise coming from underneath like two quick blasts of air.

So we went for a little drive round the block so i could listen and i soon heared the noise which was more prominent as we would pull off and change into 2nd gear.

Knowing there was nothing i could do we got over to our local Toyota dealer in Solihull,which has changed to Vantage now from Sytner,first thing Saturday morning and asked if it was possible for one of the engineers to look at the prob,whatever it might be,and after the receptionist making us a cup of coffee and been very pleasant the engineer came out after about a fifteen minute wait and we all went for a test drive and he soon heared the noise,After getting back he put the Rav up on the ramps to have a look, while we looked round at the new and used cars, he came back and said problem solved,it was just a sheared bolt on the heat shield which he fixed and didn't charge us for doing so.

He also checked our breaks and tyres over again as they were given an advisory at the MOT back in May and he reckons we still have about 2k left on the tyres and about 5k left in the rear breaks,so the tyres will be changed over before winter arrives.These are the original Bridgestone tyres dated back to 2003 and have now done just over 51k miles :eek:

So once again very pleased with the service.

It's great when you get service like that... :thumbsup:

IMHO, you mostly only hear about poor service these days..

I assume it was the heat shield which was causing the noise ? :unsure:

Hi Liz.

Yep it is good to hear about good service from the dealers and i'm happy to post about it and also bad service,but so far with the two Ravs we have had we have had great service from both places,first was an independant and the second Toyota dealer.

I just can't see the point in treating customers badly like what you hear about??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links