Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Rav 4 Clutch

fut1a

Just bought myself a 55 plate XTR Rav and I love it. The only issue I have is the clutch, it's easy to get in gear and everything, but I find it very awkward when you starting off. I have very little confidence in starting in first. It's like I need to give it a lot of revs otherwise it might stall. I can get in any car usually and drive it OK but the RAV clutch is spoiling the ownership. The wife is also loosing confidence in it for the same reason. Does anyone know if the clutch be adjusted?

Thanks

Just bought myself a 55 plate XTR Rav and I love it. The only issue I have is the clutch, it's easy to get in gear and everything, but I find it very awkward when you starting off. I have very little confidence in starting in first. It's like I need to give it a lot of revs otherwise it might stall. I can get in any car usually and drive it OK but the RAV clutch is spoiling the ownership. The wife is also loosing confidence in it for the same reason. Does anyone know if the clutch be adjusted?

Thanks

Welcome abroad, Johnster......petrol or diesel......?

Reading things about the diesel on here, persuaded me to go for the petrol.

Thanks for that.

Just checked the pedal and the measurements are

A Floor to top of pedal 5 3/4" = 145mm

B Free play 1/2" = 12mm

C Floor to after freeplay 5 1/4 = 130mm

I am not a mechanic, so if I am reading the measurements on the attachment correctly, then there is room for adjustment?