Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Leak

baz1631

Good afternoon knowledge gents, just thought id pay a wee visit and ask afew questions. .........Again! I've got a slight leak which I believe to be oil coming from somewhere underneath the engine.just had new gasket set fitted to turbo unit, it was leaking slightly befoe fitting new gasket set, im not having to top up any engine oil, car runs and gets up to speed very well. I think it only leals when stopped ( slight oil patch under car when left on drive) oh aye, an bothy.....ahm still alive an kickin,!

haha - sure its not incontinence ?

On the petrol blocks, the crankshaft oil seal is prone to leak. On the diesel its probably spewing out of all corners.

You won't find it easily unless you look at the engine before the oil has a chance to drop on the covers underneath so its best up on a ramp. Should you wish, I can drive the car over you to allow you to take a closer look?

(For other younger viewers, please don't try this at home )

Ha ha velly funy, found the leak (loose nut......silly boy) not la drop of oil spilt! As far as the incontinence gose that'll come soon enough! Dose anyone remember the "flapping "noise I was getting from the engine? Well it turned out to be a crap job of fitting the turbo gaskets! An it coast me £1500! The guys not got a good rep now! Anyway, new garage, re-fitted turbo and gaskets an the rav's running like new ............very happy bunny..........

• Like 1

On the petrol blocks, the crankshaft oil seal is prone to leak.

Could you expand a bit on that please bothy. Mine is off in for an MOT this week and I mentioned an oil leak. Assumed it was probably the sump gasket but maybe not. Looking at Anchs' favourite DIY manual it doesn't look a cheap job.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links