Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anything To Look For With An Aygo?

sotal

We noticed an Aygo for sale at the side of the road, it seems very cheap.

It looks in good condition but doesn't say the mileage so I presume quite high.

It is a 2007 and it is up for £2450 - had a quick nosey around it and all looks fine.

If I go and have a look is there anything I should check out or any particular common faults or expensive repairs etc?

I'm not sure of trim level but it had 2 airbags and aircon and a CD player with aux in. It also stated it was insurance group 1 and road tax £20.

It says it has service history .

It only had steel wheels though - to most toyota alloys fit or is it a french fitment with them being the same as the C1/107?

Basically the wife thinks our 2nd car should be a cheaper to run car, I currently do about 2000 miles per year and only generally have me in the car so it would probably be me that drives it. I currently have a diesel car which isn't the best for short journeys but a tank of fuel lasts me about 2 months! We'd looked at an Aygo before but thought they were too pricey, but this one seems cheap - is it likely to be too cheap (ie cheap for a reason?!)

If it'll only be doing 2,000 a year I'd not bother too much about cheap to run - Aygo's used and new seem to be prone to quite a few niggling and not so niggling problems (like water ingress).

Provided the insurance isn't daft I'd get a similar aged something bigger/better, which will be just as cheap because the fuel consumption is too rich for any non-banker doing 10-12k a year. (I have a much newer Aygo and now only do about 4k a year, so thinking to upgrade it in similar fashion.)

Thanks for the links - very interesting.

I much agree with the thoughts on running a bigger car and that it what I have done for the last few years, I've had cheap sporty cars that nobody wants due to costs. I've had a celica, a 4.6 V8 Range Rover, a 2.5 V6 Cougar etc.

I currently have a volvo s40 2.0d which came along at a bargain price I couldn't refuse. That car will probably become the family car and I need to get another car. At the moment the wife has a 7 seater. So we would sell the 7 seater - she is keen to have a car which would cost a lot less for insurance and road tax - as a proportion these are both quite expensive per mile with a bigger engined car. Probably bigger than the fuel savings - but in the end up it is all only a few hundred quid saving.

Part of my problem is actaully finding a car that we both like.

That does look cheap, so I suspect high mileage. Our 2006 56 reg went onto the forecourt at £4,999, but it was low mileage. Things to look for are leaks in the boot area, the electrics on ours were staring to display interesting characterisitcs, possibly due to it having a leak. Get an insurance quote, it may be group 1, but the insurance on our replacement car which is group 9 was less than the Aygo.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links