Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Information On My 2006 D-4D 2.2 T180 Please - Dpf, Radio Code

Stompbox

THE CAR IS A D CAT, & THE PLATE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE SHOWS TYPE AS AN ADT 251R ALFQXW W173

What I want to know is - does my car have a DPF & a radio code?

I've only just got it & can't find any reference to a code - it seems that some Toyotas do have codes & some don't - I neeed to know in case I have to remove the Battery.

Also I wanted to get oil & filter change,and the garage asked if my car has a DPF as it affects what oil it needs. I read the thread about D-cat models & it says that this is Toyotas version of a DPF, also that cars after Sept 2009 will have DPFs - so - does it have one???

I looked at another thread showing oil types, but I need to know what oil to make sure it's the right one - also should it be semi or fully synthetic?

Can (or will) Toyota give any information if I email them with VIN number, or is there another source for information like this, please?

Just fitted a new driver's side headlight dipped beam bulb (cor - that was a bit tricky) and a sidelight bulb replacement, and taken the cabin/pollen filter out - it was filthy & choked with gunge - I've knocked the worst of it out & vacuumed it for now & ordered a new one.

Am going to get the aircon checked out & re-gassed tomorrow.

Thanks for any help or information,

:D

I would have thought your local Toyota dealer could supply you with the DPF/radio code info if you contact them with the VIN.

If its a 180 then yes it has a DPF you need to use 5w30 or 0w30 fully synthetic c2 low ash engine oil. Not sure on the radio code, but i wouldnt have thought so. Comma Pro-tech 5w30 c2, Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 c2, Castrol Edge 0W30 c2 or Toyotas 5w30 PFE oil are all suitable for your car.

I've had the stereo out of two T25's and refitted them without needing a code. They were the standard stereos with the cd/ cassette player.

with my T25 I was told that the radio was actually coded to the car's ECU so that there was no need for a user-enterable code.

Thanks for the information & replies - I did ring the main agents who were surprisingly helpful.

I never even thought of that, since, in the past, I've rung other makes (mainly Vauxhall) & got no help.

Yes - it DOES have a DPF, and no it doesn't have a radio code.

Great stuff - just had the aircon re-gassed & it's bloomin' freezing in the car now!

Need to take up slack in the handbrake - I've seen the article here on the forum about doing a major adjust from the inside by taking out the centre console,, but where do the bottom of the cable(s) come out - is it one either side to each wheel, or a common cable that pulls a cable that runs between both back wheels?

Just also found an extra cost to pay - there's a nail neatly right in the middle of one of the rear tyres .. Hmmmm.....

From the lever there is a short cable going to an equilizer, then two cables (handed) one going to each wheel

Kingo :thumbsup:

The handbrake on my T25 had seperate shoes inside the rear brake disc for the handbrake. They could be adjusted in the traditional manner. I'd check there before adjusting the cables.

OK - thanks for the info - I see how they work now - what a mad system - disc brake & an inner drum handbrake!

Anyway I've got the offer of the use of a trolley jack & axle stands, plus a decent "strongarm" and 21mm socket so I might have a go at taking the back wheels off and adjusting the shoes direct in the drums.

Do you know if the cable coming down from the handbrake has an adjuster on the lower end under the car, by any chance?

Do you know if the cable coming down from the handbrake has an adjuster on the lower end under the car, by any chance?

Pretty sure it hasn't but not 100%

Take care adjusting the handbrake as on this model when new the handbrake lever travels almost to the top, the shoes just don't wear unless a previous owner was into handbrake turns so just adjusting the cable should be fine.

Take care with the adjustment, there should be (from memory) 5-7 clicks on the lever, too few and the brakes will bind up solid, especially in reverse!!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Aha - I've bought a CDROM with all the information on the car, its sub assemblies & adjustments and had advice from other members too.

The correct number of clicks on the parking brake is between 6 & 9 - mine is 7 so it is correct - it just seems to be high compared with other cars - so I will leave it well alone!

Lastly then - where does it tell you on the car what engine type is fitted - the log book and the plate/label on th epassenger side door pillar says the "variant" is:-

ADT251R-ALFQXW(1G).

The manual that I've got refers to a whole series of engine types:-

1AZ-FE

1AZ-FSE

1CD-FTV

And lastly

1ZZ-FE/3ZZ-FE....

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry, jumping back to your nail in the tyre issue. This could probably be repaired. Lots of people get new tyres cos they ask for them when they get a puncture. I always ask about a repair - if the tyre has much life in it.

Cheers for that - yes - I got it repaired - loads of tread left & there is a great local tyre fitting shop that did it for £10.

Now I've just put a new air filter in and am waiting for a new cabin/pollen filter to arrive - have been for a 90 mile round trip today in the sweltering heat, and it ran sweetly - and the re-charge aircon did a great job.

Have been looking at the EGR valve with a view to taking it off & cleaning it - I did the same thing on my X type Jag & it made a HUGE improvement to the car's performance & fuel economy. The Avensis one looks pretty straightforward to get off compared with the Jag, and that's for sure.

Still trying to find exactly what variant engine it is - the engine has labels on it showing (on the top of the left side viewed from the front)

M1P FHV 101.

On the right hand side lower down is another paper label - a bit has come off, but it shows 1A1-A, then lower down 160.

That still doesn't tally with any of the engine type numbers in the manual though........

The engine in your car is a 2AD-FHV

OK - thanks for the info.

Do you know are these ok on 5W30 semi synthetic oil, or has it to be 0W30 fully synthetic?

0w30 is the preferred grade but 5w30 can be used, what is more important is the oil must be of the "low ash content C2" specification as this helps to protect your Dpnr

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links