Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Gear Change On T180 Box

Gods_gift

A few months back my gear box exploded on our xt4 and I was forced to source another box at an eye watering amount. The box was from a T180 with a gen 35,000 miles on it but the gear changes have never been smooth. I remember reading somewhere that theres an updated gear linkage part that was an update that might cure this. Anyone know the part number?

No but kingo knows what it is. You will never get a smooth change unless you have a straight 75 oil in the box and of course the linkage needs to be adjusted right.

Linkage adjustment is crucial here !

When I got my car back from its first engine swap the change was awful.. So I took it back and the tech spent an hour getting the set up just bang on.. Result was a far better change than any Rav I have driven.. I did have the clutch changed so not sure how much of this contributed to the vastly improved gear change but to this day the car changes almost perfectly every time.. I say "almost cos just every once in a while you can feel the change though it never baulks .....

There is an improved gear linkage but the tech said that its not worth the bother and that set up is the key.. Just his opinion of course but he set this car up as good as it gets I feel... HTH.

The linkage update was to reduce a vibration, not for a clunky change (think my menory serves me right there)

The linkage is crucial as C-F says and the use of the correct straight 75 oil too

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links