Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Prius Gen 3 Rattle

taximerv

hi i posted topic about problem with Gen 3 still unresolved issue and thank you to the toyota dealer that answererd but after two or three phone calls was still unavailable but service department said we will get him to call you still waiting . this issue will not stop here a letter to customer service in japan naming all contacted . and why the faith in toyota has hit the floor the issue is engine related nothing recorded on computer currently looking at different company and vehicle not because of the the quality of vehicle but the help when things are wrong. my engine sounds at times ready to go bang and nobody has had the problem in this country how many toyota prius in uk . it was my intention to take this toyota further than any other car i have owned but seems not possible it as though they are waiting for the engine to go bang and i can tell myself with out any help ? replacement engine required their sir well thanks for all the feed back can,t find original topic so had to start another please no more feed back just let my toyota rest in peace thank you

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but I have to tell you not to bother writing to Japan, you will be wasting your time, it will just be bounced back to Toyota GB and you will have wasted time. If you want to write to Toyota, write to Toyota GB

Kingo :thumbsup:

Does this noise occur when the Engine actually fires up? And sounds like there is no oil for a few seconds?

Hi the noise is quite bad it sounds like possible oil starvation when in traffic or pulling away hybrid Battery monitor drops to 2 cells engine starts to regenerate battery's and start to move forward in traffic gentle pressure on throttle and sounds like bag of nuts and bolts engine is not cold drove 100 miles on to m25 slow moving traffic stop start pulling away rattle rattle certain engine or in ctv more engine I feel experience says bad news but I am hoping optimist might be simple

The fault sounds like the faulty intake manifold issue that causes a load metallic rattling noise when the engine starts up as described in Toyota service bulletin EG-0056T-0711

The fault sounds like the faulty intake manifold issue that causes a load metallic rattling noise when the engine starts up as described in Toyota service bulletin EG-0056T-0711

Interesting, from your knowledge would this noise be permanent or could it decrease/go away? I ask as last week, after a long journey, there was a loud noise as I pulled away at a junction. I thought I was dragging something on the road, but on inspection there was nothing visible, and when I drove away the sound had decreased and could barely be heard. As I was busy I decided to live with it until I returned home, it persisted for two days, and was definitely linked to the engine, it then disappeared and I haven't heard it since even after completing another long journey.

This is a known problem resolved by replacing the engine manifold.

it took 18 months before my local garage were able to convince Toyota of the problem.

There are videos on you tube that provide the sound and show the rattle at its worse, that's what i used to back up my story.