Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.2 Rear Door Rubber Bump Stops

flyboyprowler

Both the top and bottom rubber plugs are missing on my 4.2. I bought new ones, but can someone please let me know which goes where, as they are different sizes. :dontgetit: Many thanks.

90541-09108 goes in the top

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi Ainsley

On mine the larger one is the one on the bottom if you mean the ones for the tailgate

Del

Strange, on mine the longer one is at the top (tappered one ) and the shorter fatter one at bottom ! Yes just checked the longer one is the part number kingo lists at top.

• Like 1

Are the same ones used on a 4.3 ?

If so, does this help ?

gallery_56959_1594_4949.jpg

and :

gallery_56959_1594_1395.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks all for the input, and as ever Kingo wins the prize, with the long one in the top! Similar fitting to the 4.3 Liz, but slightly different shape. :driving:

No problem... Any idea why yours were missing ?

Er no, I just noticed 2 holes in the rear door, and realized that something should fit in there! We have only had the car for 4 years, so no marks for observation!!

Snap!

I've had this RAV for seven months and this post caused me to have a look. Guess what, both missing!

Why would anyone remove these............................................

Duly ordered and will be here by the weekend.

They don't, its easy to loose them if you are unloading large loads, ie monthly trip to the dump with garden rubbish.

I thought about gluing them in with a dab of evostick, but decided just to be a bit more careful.

They don't, its easy to loose them if you are unloading large loads, ie monthly trip to the dump with garden rubbish.

I thought about gluing them in with a dab of evostick, but decided just to be a bit more careful.

A couple of ours went walkies. Last one was Evostuck and it stayed put.

My ordered replacement bungs were delivered this morning by my friendly Toyota Dealers delivery van .

Duly fitted and, as earlier agreed on this posting, the big bung at the top! being a 4.2.

And would you believe, the door shuts more quietly and positively than ever before! I haven't yet driven it, but I guess it will be a tad quieter as well................

Looks like I will have to bung mine in t'other round then!!!

Del

It is remarkably quieter!

I hadn't realised there was any noise eminating from the back of the car, but having fitted new bungs, (the old ones were gone to wherever!) it is much quieter.

Clearly, with the bungs in place holding the door steady against the bodywork, the resonance (vibration of relevent parts,) is changed completely, resulting in queitness from the rear door, be it on smooth or lumpy roads .

All for the sake of two small plugs of rubber!

Have to agree, mine is also quieter with the plugs in. Now I can hear a rumble for the rear end, so maybe opened a can of worms, DOH! :bangin:

Have to agree, mine is also quieter with the plugs in. Now I can hear a rumble for the rear end, so maybe opened a can of worms, DOH! :bangin:

How many folks, including me, have checked if their bump stops are still there since Ainsley posted this......?

How many folks, including me, have checked if their bump stops are still there since Ainsley posted this......?

Me. sir.

One was missing and is being refitted as we speak (along with a couple of other niggles).

nope just the paranoid bump checkers :)

Gus

nope just the paranoid bump checkers :)

Gus

Count me in to the paranoid bump checkers club. They are both there.

YUP, still there, the phantom bump stop checker rides again!!!

I expect Toyota are wondering why they are selling so many bumps stops at the moment... when they might only sell two a year. :o

Is it possible the rubber goes hard, then they easily fall out ? :unsure:

I've just checked mine and they are still there... :yahoo: :)

Checking mine when I get home from me hols! A fully paid up member of the paranoid rear door bump stop club.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links