Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Losing Power

willber6171

i hope someone can help my avensis 2.2 d4d 2006 t-spirit randomly loses power i will be driving along and it will be like someone has put the brakes on if i keep my foot on the gas after about 30 seconds its away again had diagnostics done but no codes there . the other thing i have noticed is the cruise control stops working when it does this untill i turn it off and start it again . i've tried a new maf sensor but still doing it and sometimes it wont do it for days so hard for a garage to find . can any one help please

If it was me mate ,I'd start with an EGR clean,and an oil and filter change if it hasn't had one for a while.

it could be that the injectors need cleaning, so try redex in your fuel it "might" clear it

hi thanks for these answers but serviced 4000 miles ago and is every 10000 also put 2 lots of injector cleaner in over the last 6 weeks going in tomorrow for a feul filter change and will mention to him about cleaning the egr. anymore suggestions anyone please

I had a similar (not exactly the same) issue a couple of weeks ago. Turned out that the induction pipe attached to the throttle body had come away due to a clip breaking. It wasn't intermittent like yours but just a suggestion as it may be that yours is 'starting' to go rather than being completely defective.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

I would recommend getting your SCVs checked also - although I don't know how much that would cost. I bet the fuel filter replacement really improves things but it seems there is a trend for SCVs playing up - particularly if the fuel filter is old/a bit clogged or the diesel is really cold.