Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Verso 2013.

Roger*

I wanted to write about my New Verso but I am now entering the 13th
week awaiting delivery and still no news. Only a Toyota computer
knows (or thinks it knows) where it is. And even the computer
seems to need 24 hours notice to produce a delivery date.

I have a 1.6 V-matic Icon Nav. 5dr on order plus Protection Pack,
Mud Flaps and Side moulding. Apart from the protracted delivery my
main problem seems to be the space saver spare wheel that I
wanted. It appears that can have the wheel but there's no tire
in the country that suits it! (unless anyone can advise
differently).

I'm also grateful for the contributor who gave the tip on roof
aerials. On my test drive the aerial was clipping my garage roof
so maybe I'll go for one of those Bee Sting short aerials that was
suggested (once I get the car.)

This will be my first ever Toyota . . . . Roger

Do you know what wheel size/tyre size the spare will be?

A topic from earlier this year states the sizes for a 2010 Verso (the 2013 Verso is a facelift of the 2009 onwards model) - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/143443-space-saver-wheel-for-16-inch-wheels/ - where the tyre size is 145/70/R17 on a 17 X 4 wheel.

Found the following site with this size tyre - http://www.thetyreworkshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=47_84

Do you know what wheel size/tyre size the spare will be?

A topic from earlier this year states the sizes for a 2010 Verso (the 2013 Verso is a facelift of the 2009 onwards model) - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/143443-space-saver-wheel-for-16-inch-wheels/ - where the tyre size is 145/70/R17 on a 17 X 4 wheel.

Found the following site with this size tyre - http://www.thetyreworkshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=47_84

Thanks Mike, I won't know exactly what the space saver wheel (or tyre) size is until I get the car but looking at those threads you gave me I see there is some prospect of finding myself a tyre. Thanks again . . . I wonder why the Toyota Dealer (or Toyota themselves) couldn't sort this one. . . Roger

I can't see why the dealer cannot get the spare wheel size from Toyota, and if there is still a problem with supplying the tyre by the time your car has arrived in this country from Turkey, the dealer may be able to source and fit the tyre themselves (possibly from the one link I supplied).

Think from a previous topic I've seen Toyota has under-estimated the demand for spare wheels and tyres in preference to tyre repair kits, and have taken steps to improve the supply of spare wheels and spacesaver tyres, but are having to, a degree, play catch-up.

It is not the wheels that are the problem, it's the lack of tyres

Tyre manufacturers only make space saver tyres once a year, there has been a huge surge in customers wanting proper space saver tyres, they have tried to oblige, but it's the tyres that are the issue

Don't shoot the messanger :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

My New Verso was delivered to the dealer and has been classified "sub standard" and cannot be sold to me as a new car! I ordered this car, for a discount, through a third part (who I trust) and hence don't know the name of the dealer concerned (who actions I would like to question). This little scenario raises many questions.

Anyway the third party broker has now re-ordered the car all over again via another Toyota Dealership and I have to wait another umpteen weeks.

I don't expect anyone to resolve the problem for me . . . I am just sharing my experience for what it's worth . . . but I am not a happy camper.

I don't believe that for one minute, new cars are not delivered "sub standard"

I would be asking some serious questions of the third party

I don't believe that for one minute, new cars are not delivered "sub standard"

I would be asking some serious questions of the third party

I did have a pretty forthright discussion with the broker but he would not divulge the dealership concerned. I was told that the vehicle had serious paintwork problems. As it couldn't have left the factory like that I am assuming it got damaged in transit; either that or it's all a "***** and bull" story. thanks for your comments . . Roger

Yes I smell several rats too!

How much are you saving by going through this broker? Have you actually tried around to see what you can get at what price?

PM Me the exact spec you want and I will have someone contact you.............if you want