Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1998 Rav4 Fob Problem

MedMed

Hello everyone,

I accidently drop my last FOB into mug of coffee, open it and clean and dried but never work again, unlock car with key then alarm went off, remove Battery terminal but no joy, then remove connector from alarm ECU.

Bought FOB on eBay, reconnect ECU and alarm set off, I try to reprogram FOB but no joy, I think I need to disarm the alarm first but just don't know how to without remote control. The alarm is a TVSS111 - B

:afro:

I'll appreciate it very much for your help.

Thanks

How are you programming the fob. Where the alarm ecu is there's a screwed and rivited parts where the button is. I'll find the procedure later but you press that button for a couple off seconds. Red light flashes then you have like 10 seconds to press the lock button on the fob.

Thanks for your reply, I've done it once to program the fob that had just broken, but by then the alarm was not arm, press the green button then press both button on the fob and there was like clicks then it's was done.

The problem now is the alarm is still arm and I just don't know how to disarm it. I've ordered ecu on eBay, may be it will work fingers cross.

what you need to do is put your key in the ignition turn it to acc or on but dont start the car when that is done push the green button for more than 2 seconds which will make the red light near your gear stick (alarm indicator light) illuminate whilst this light is lit hold both alarm fob buttons the box will click and indicators will flash. it should work then. all doors need to be closed i think

Ok Just finish work now, will do it tomorrow and will post after, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, problem solve, bought ecu on eBay, connect it and program the fob.

Thank you very much for your help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links