Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Go Satnav Failure

Phil White

Just wondering if the satnav that comes with this car is covered by the Toyota warranty. The car is now 16 months old and the satnav's touch screen is not responding to the touch so I can't try any updates and pressing the reset button with a paperclip makes no difference.

The unit switches on and off ok but no response from the touch screen.

Presumably it is - it isn't a wear and tear item. With things like stereos, etc most manufacturers replace damaged units with reconditioned items, and I would assume this would be the case with your sat nav.

Thanks for that. But to be honest I use a different Tomtom most of the time which has HD traffic and prefer that. I might buy a standard type dash panel and use that to mount my other Tomtom.

.....but then when you sell the car what will be left? a hole in the dash and / or a dud sat nav?

Go to the dealer and have it exchanged under warranty

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks again. As long as it's covered by the warranty I will get it replaced as I don't want the dealer saying it's not covered when it is.

i would of thought it would be like any other electronic part thats fitted as standard and would be covered for the full 5 years of the warranty,its not as if it is classed as consumable like a tyre brake pads or a clutch,it is something that should last the life of the car

so what was the outcome did the dealer replace the sat nav under warranty or not ????

i have strong feelings about the original posters in respect of when you have asked a question and had some reply's

the poster should always leave a response when the advise given has been used to state what solution was used .

this will help other members in the future to sort out any issues they have quickly.

so what was the outcome did the dealer replace the sat nav under warranty or not ????

i have strong feelings about the original posters in respect of when you have asked a question and had some reply's

the poster should always leave a response when the advise given has been used to state what solution was used .

this will help other members in the future to sort out any issues they have quickly.

I have not even been in contact with them yet as I have not had the time to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

I phoned the Toyota dealer yesterday and they told me they will get me another for next week.

made up for you mate glad toyota are sorting you out,i would now just use your own satnav so when you sell your car you know the built in one will work perfectly.

Had to use my own device this past week as we are in Cornwall, about 320 miles away from home and are driving home tomorrow.

I wonder if I will be able to update the new one to the latest map as I did this with the fault unit not long before it stopped working.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the satnav replaced this morning. I connected it to the computer and it did some updates through Tomtom home and it is telling me there is a new map available so it would seem that I cannot download the latest map to my device unless I pay for it again as I understand that a new map can only go on the device that it is registered to originally so the old device that stopped working even thought its the same is seen as a different device.

020 7387 5444 is a number for tomtom that i have found for you apparently select option 1 then 0

i would explain what has happened and that you would like to have the updated map on your new satnav

hopefully they will be able to authorize your new serial number ,if not go back to toyota and see if they can

update this new unit.

number found at

www.saynoto0870.com

Thanks for all your help.

After connecting it to the PC and letting do some updates it then downloaded and installed a new map which was nice. I am very happy with the service I got from Toyota and Tomtom as well.