Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Yaris Cruise Control?

pulkit1990

I have an automatic Yaris which i bought back in october 2012. It didn't come with cruise control but I wanted to know if it is possible to fit the Original cruise control system in the car at this point? Toyota have said they would have only fitted it at the factory and it would have been expensive.

I have seen at a number of places that these cars come with the system already built in since it is electronic, it just need to be enabled. If I can get hold of the original stalk is it as simple as installing it to enable the system?

The information online is just a bit confusing since the yaris in the US has cruise control but here in the UK not even the top T-Spirit model has it! :o

You are correct in your thinking that The UK Yaris does not have cruise control specified as standard

I understand that there may be commercially available aftermarket kits available

Google may find an answer :)

I did google it, and most places say that these cars come with the system already built in since it is electronic, it just need to be enabled. You just need the original stalk to enable the system. However what im unsure about is weather they are on about the US spec car or the UK one because they don't specify.

There is a lot of nonsense on the net about the system being in place and not enabled. I don't know if the Yaris has it enabled or not, but I have tried it on several other UK models where the fitting of a stalk is supposed to make it all work and it did NOT work on the cars I tried it on

This is not a recognised accessory / upgrade /official update, I have stopped supplying the various parts listed elsewhere on the net because I cannot guarantee it works, and as it is not official, there would be no back up for me as a dealer if it all went horribly wrong

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links