Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boost Gauge Fitting

Aidsy1

So, decided to fit my boost gauge to the car today and thought i take a few photos along the way, not all are very clear, but hopefully the idea will get across.

First I had to locate a place to put my pvc tubing through the firewall, luckily i found a hole hat was in the firewall, it was meant to have a gromit round it (it is the bonnet release cable) so just pushed the tube through and sealed it with silicone sealant.

2013-08-07%2018.46.53.jpg

Where the wiring goes through the big grommet there are two smaller holes, I put the PVC tube through one of them.

Unfortunately that hole goes through to the wheel arch, but I pulled it tight against the arch so it 'should' be safe there, there are better places to put it like through the big grommet but i couldn't get it through there..

2013-08-07%2018.46.38.jpg

Next was to try and keep it tidy as the tube goes towards the intake so i fed it through a plastic housing that holds wires for the engine (and other things).

2013-08-07%2018.44.17.jpg

To get the clips off i used a screwdriver and just pushed them in from the top whilst pulling the cap.

Next i needed to hook the tube up to the current cars electronic boost gauge (for the ECU), my kit came with a t-piece to split the piping. i installed this between the cars boost gauge and the inlet as shown:

2013-08-07%2018.44.46.jpg

Next was to put the PVC tube up through the dash to where i am going to mount the boost gauge:

2013-08-07%2019.02.59.jpg

Then wire it up(will be different depending on your boost gauge)

2013-08-07%2019.23.20.jpg

Then put it in. Currently mine is held in with gaffa tape, but this will be changed when i get a pod.

2013-08-07%2020.19.06.jpg

• 4 months later...

So I got thru the grommet ... But I went across the front of the engine through the cable runs then find the airbox and thru a grommet on the passenger side I put my boost gauge in the upper glove box so I don't have it lit up in my face on the motor way .... However I did get my engine check light on when it was all plumbed in ... I turned it off but just wondered if you had the same problem ... Also did ur t piece have a brass thing in one of the openings

Can you take some pics. The MIL light may have came on if you have unplugged your car's boost sensor, i didnt have it turn on. And yeah it does. It cos the gauge is only sampling the pressure.

Ye I didn't plug it back in I have now and it's fine did you put the end with the brass part to the boost gauge or the cars own system

Haha :) i did that first time. I put it too the gauge

I did aswell but thought best check incase people have done other ... ... Just so I know how that it was right as I am slowly putting the pressure up with my manual valve

Can you show me how you connected the manual valve :)

• 2 weeks later...

here is some pics of my plumbing

first i made the hole with a marlin spike then just lecky taped it on to the boost hose then pulled it through just enough to the top glove box compartment ... i couldnt get a pic of that as you cant see it but if you drp the bottom box u can see the grommet in the pic then feel for the back of the top compartment where the i pod connector is ...

post-130759-0-21903100-1389481846_thumb.

then ran the hose under and over stuff

post-130759-0-33873400-1389482129_thumb.

then thru the plastic tunneling along the front of the engine

post-130759-0-70572900-1389482180_thumb.

and ten the t piece and plumbing

post-130759-0-96521800-1389482269_thumb.

Where did you put the manual boost controller (bleed valve)

im gonna have to put it back up on a ramp to show you cos its just inaccessible from under the bonnet