Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spot / Driving Lights

jolly-friar

Personally speaking, I think a car like a RAV always looks better when "beefed up" a bit in appearance to separate it from the run of the mill MPV type vehicles. So nudge bars, side steps and roof rails are a must IMO (I think this is why I am not keen on the 4.4 version - to MPV like :( )

Interesting point on if the lights would suit the facelifted version ... the Nudge bar suits the Chrome front though ;)

Agreed . . . Go for the Philips Nightbreakers . . . Amazon and elsewhere. Legal, tidy and MoT-able.

Hell (geddit?) - It's not often I take to quoting myself . . .

A Senior Moment here . . .

What I should have said was Osram Nightbreakers, and Philips Extreme Vision (XVS2 etc). Both outstandingly good lamps, and normal wattages.

Wally.

Just for info, only the Osrams are available for the RAV4.3 - for some reason, Philps not made that fitting for the Extremes,

Anyone tried any of the latest LED headlight bulbs? An example I am looking at for my own car is this ...H7 50W CREE LED HEADLIGHT FOGLIGHT KIT 1800Lm (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-H7-50W-CREE-LED-HEADLIGHT-FOGLIGHT-KIT-1800Lm-BRIGHTEST-LED-ON-THE-MARKET-/370829814569)

They sound very good and potentially quite a bit better then the upgraded bulbs, and an 25w LED set should be really bright! :)

Bet they give off some heat. Wonder how the mouldings would stand up to it?

Bet they give off some heat. Wonder how the lmouldings would stand up to it?

Apparently got built in fans (!)

"These brand new H7 CREE LED KITS are the latest addition to the auto lighting industry. Each lamp is fitted with the latest CREE COB LED offering an incredible 1800Lm total light output and have a lifetime of over 25000hrs. To achieve that, each LED has a built in fan cooling system dissipating any heat that is generated. Powering these Lamps are the latest LED Drivers that have built in CPU controlling constant current, over-heat protection & supplying a powerful 25w of power. These mini but mighty drivers pack a punch powering the LED’s with 1800Lm of light output far greater than any halogen bulb can reach."

Sound promising :)

"These brand new H7 CREE LED KITS are the latest addition to the auto lighting industry. Each lamp is fitted with the latest CREE COB LED offering an incredible 1800Lm total light output and have a lifetime of over 25000hrs. To achieve that, each LED has a built in fan cooling system dissipating any heat that is generated. Powering these Lamps are the latest LED Drivers that have built in CPU controlling constant current, over-heat protection & supplying a powerful 25w of power. These mini but mighty drivers pack a punch powering the LED’s with 1800Lm of light output far greater than any halogen bulb can reach."

Also sound like they might be retinal burners???

You may be right there!!

Decided in the end to upgrade in the more tried & trusted conventional way and ordered a set of Osram Nightbreaker Plus for the Main Beam, and another set for the Dipped. £21 all in for all 4 bulbs :)

• 3 months later...

I'm wanting to fit a pair of LED CREE spotlights to my 4.3. Old school method was take a live feed to a relay off a switched live to the main beam, BUT I know more modern vehicles have more complicated electronic systems so I don't want to "mess anything up"

The lights will each only draw 0.9 amp @ 12v so I guess a relay isn't really needed, but I was thinking of making them independant from main beam....

Do Toyota have a spare "pre-wired" loom you can tap into for additional lights as I am sure they expect people wanting additional lights fitted?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated...thank you.

You may be right there!!

Decided in the end to upgrade in the more tried & trusted conventional way and ordered a set of Osram Nightbreaker Plus for the Main Beam, and another set for the Dipped. £21 all in for all 4 bulbs :)

Where jew get all four for £21.00 Hoovie min.....?

What's a Cat Tree.....?

A Visitor.

I'm going to be mounting them on small brackets in front of grill so no issues with heat and they don't get that hot.