Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid 15 Inch Tyres?

Nicolai

What brand of tires is used on the gen 2? Forgot to check. Hope it's a decent one.

Referring to the2013 Auris solely as the Gen 2 could cause confusion with the Prius - as the versions of these are known as the Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3.

But it says Auris in the headline ;)

Could still be confused with the Prius especially as topics have more posts added.

From a spreadsheet I have, 15 inch tyres fitted to the Auris Hybrid are either Bridgestone, Continental or Michelin. 17 inch tyres are Continental or Dunlop (the European operation of Dunlop is owned by Goodyear).

Don't know whether tyres fitted to UK cars differ to other markets within Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2012 T4 has 17'' Toyo tyres. Toyota were 1st owner too.

Bridgestones it came with and the back wheels either need to be run in (tires need this), balanced or they are not 100 per cent round. With plain, nice tarmac it feels like driving on bumpy road. Front tires are fine.

• 2 weeks later...

New tyres on cars do not really need running in,the only tyres that DO need running in are those fitted to motorcycles as they are coated with a compound that is very slippery till run off..if the front need balancing the steering wheel will have a lot of vibration,if the rear need balancing you would feel it through the floor,to be honest i think the clue to the bumpy ride is because it is a SPORTS model..probably has large alloys with low profile tyres fitted,these will not give a very good ride..but will look good...and maybe because it is a Sports model the suspension may be lowered or stiffened up slightly ( as they usually are on Sports models) which will also affect the ride quality..personally i would never buy anything with Sports/..GT/..Avantguarde etc attached to the name because of the reasons given above

The name is a bit misleading - 'Touring Sports' is the estate.

Hybrids are available in Icon and Excel trim, whereas petrol and diesel versions are also available in Active and Sport trim (so you can have the 'Auris Touring Sports Sport' - which seems a bit OTT).

Funny thing is: it doesn't say "Touring Sports" on the back of my... Touring Sports. Just "Auris".

All the rear shows on any 2013 Auris is the brand, the model and whether it is a hybrid.

In reality if the badging showed all the detail - brand, model, engine size, whether it is a hybrid, trim level, driver's star sign and whether they are left or right handed (being ambidextrous, I would need this in the middle of the rear hatch for true balance) - you wouldn't have room on the rear hatch.

Of course Touring Sports Sport would go down well in the land of Aus.

Funny that, those stick-on badges that were cluttering the rear hatch lasted about a week on mine :lol: (and my friends were surprised they stayed this long). There also was "bonus" lettering from the dealership on there too - and yes I strongly dislike them and systematically remove them from my cars. Have kept the "hybrid" ones on the front wings so I'm not quite all that evil ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links