Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Avensis D4D 2.0 Diesel - Only Start Ups After 3-5 Cranks?

SmithCraig896

I have a 2003 avensis D4D 2.0. It will only start up after 5-6 cranks. Once fully started, the engine runs perfectly fine and smooth with out any cut outs, mis-fire. No trouble code found using diagnostic codes. This issue occurs from cold and normal running conditions. But once the vechile cranks it will have no running problems once engine started.

I've replaced the fuel filter, but still the starting issue occurs. Can I ask if someone else has experienced this issue before and what to do? Please advise. Thank you.

Whats the condition of the air filter? Have you cleaned the MAF with CRC spray? Try running some V-Power derv in her and a tin of BG244...

Fuel filter has been renewed along with air filter and the mag has been removed and checked and cleaned with brake cleaner spray..

Could be an issue with the SCV then???

Could be an issue with the SCV then???

Can you post up a picture of SCV? What does it look like?

I have replaced a mechanical part located near fuel pump.

That car is old shape. My car is 2003 avensis T25. And I think those SCV valves are only found on before 2003 avensis. Still having cranking issues. It takes between 3-5 cranks with the accelerator pedal half way down to start it. It's clearly got a fuel starvation problem. Any thoughts on this?