Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Connectivity

Bellster

Picking up a Toyota Auris Hybrid (2010) next week. It's the T-Spirit model with upgraded satnav etc but the only connector I could see was an aux in slot in the top glove box. Is this the only iPod connection toyota offer? Looking for something that shows artist/track/album names etc but also charges the iPod at the same time.

Picking up a Toyota Auris Hybrid (2010) next week. It's the T-Spirit model with upgraded satnav etc but the only connector I could see was an aux in slot in the top glove box. Is this the only iPod connection toyota offer? Looking for something that shows artist/track/album names etc but also charges the iPod at the same time.

IIRC the 2010 Auris was the same as the Prius in that it didn't have a USB slot, which is what you require. You can get a cig lighter to USB converter to charge the ipod and connect the earphone socket on the ipod to the Aux on the car, but you won't get track names.

You need a special cable to connect an iPod to the TNS410 - I was quoted €150 for supply & fix - the dashboard needs dismantling. I use an USB flash drive (the maximum is 4GB according to the manual) - holds up to approx. 1000 mp3s, and title, track & album details are shown

In the owners manual, I haven't found any reference to a size limit of 4gb for a USB flash drive. I have been using an 8gb in mine for several months without issue. There is a maximum number of folders (999) and a maximum number of files (65025).

A USB flash drive would be absolutely fine. I'm hoping I have the USB slot in my glovebox somewhere then.

Should be in the upper glove box on the right

Just checked and Toyota remove the USB socket when you have the factory fitted full screen sat-nav - there isn't one on mine, just the 3.5 mm aux socket. I have a couple of online brochures and they state this.

Probably it is still there on the 1.33 which Frostyballs has.

Peter

In all honesty, even if you do have the USB connect in the glove box, iPod integration is pants! I suspect you won't, as Toyota remove it when they factory fit the Sat Nav option. When I bought our Auris HSD back in 2010, I made such a fuss that the USB connect was missing (the brochure made a big thing of iPod integration with the Sat Nav option) that Mr T. reinstated it, but plugging an iPod into it didn't work as expected and certainly nowhere near what was claimed in the brochure - you could only play from playlists and the car would not control the iPod with any great success. If you have an iPod Touch, you're better off connecting it to the car via bluetooth. Admittedly, you have to select the song, album or playlist starting point on the iPod, but the song / album / artist details are displayed on the car screen, and volume and track skip work (within the album or playlist) from the audio controls on the steering wheel. I now have an iPhone and that works very well, but you do have to connect the phone and the audio side of things separately in both the Phone and BT Audio settings. Hope that helps a bit. Dave.