Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Avensis Radio Quality

giffardo

hi all,

I have just bought a 2012 avensis tourer. I have come from a Citroen C5, 1st thing I noticed is that the radio / stereo quality is not very good....

music from CD or USB is fine but the radio is terrible !

is there any way to improve this ? new Speakers perhaps ?

in the Citroen you could setup different audio settings for each input so you could tune the radio for best setting and then USB, MP3 etc.

The adequacy of audio equipment is really down to personal taste. Have you been through the menu settings to make adjustments.

Well funnily our 2010 tourer is having issues with the radio keeps losing signal anyone else had any problems with this. Bad reception or interference issues.

The connection from the aerial base rots, common fault on most manufacturers as they all use common suppliers.

Are you sure that is relevant for an Avensis?

If the T27 is like the T25 then the aerial is in/on a window so it's all internal.

Of course having the aerial on a window does seem to mean that it doesn't get the best reception ...

Hardly gets any signal at all at times think I will have to get it booked in.

Are you sure that is relevant for an Avensis?

If the T27 is like the T25 then the aerial is in/on a window so it's all internal.

Of course having the aerial on a window does seem to mean that it doesn't get the best reception ...

I am sure my T27 has an aerial on the roof. If this isnt for the radio what other purpose does this serve?

Interesting, looking at photos it appears that early Avensis T27 saloons at least didn't have external rooftop aerials but current do.

Tourers may have had one from scratch.

Well funnily our 2010 tourer is having issues with the radio keeps losing signal anyone else had any problems with this. Bad reception or interference issues.

my partners 2010 tourer also has the same problem where as my 2008 saloon stays on the channel its put on.

I am on my third Avensis.

First was a 2006 hatchback, radio was great.

Second was a 2009 T2 Tourer, radio was great.

Latest is a 2013 T2 Tourer, radio is poor in comparison, intermittently suffers from interference, car is going in for service soon, I will ask for the radio to be looked at.

How odd. Don't think that mine has an ariel on the roof. Going to get it in make sure it sorted.

According to the specs on the Toyota website, the saloon has a glass integrated radio aerial, whereas the Tourer has a roof mounted radio aerial.

Tourers with DAB may, in addition, have a glass mounted DAB aerial as on some other Toyota models.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links