Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytime Running Leds

giffardo

there are Daytime running LEDs on my 2012 avensis. However, I notice that they are dim and not as bright as Hyundai i40, Kia etc. is this the way Toyota meant them to look ?

What model of Avensis have you got I.e T2, Active, TR etc

think its a T2. I can see the LED strip come on when the parking brake is release along with the side lights. then when you switch on sidelights the LEDs and sidelights dim.

some manufacturers use bright LEDs only as DRLs...it seems Toyota are using Dim LEDs along with sidelights at a brighter level

Your car doesn't have leds only the top spec Avensis has Led's. Your car uses a twin filament bulb for the DRL 21w for the DRL and 5w for the sidelights.

ah, makes sense now. the salesman obviously didn't have a clue, telling me it was LEDs. I think the is just a light strip so that the DRL shines along it.

any way to convert these to top spec LEDs ?

The Toyota Led's are integrated as part of the whole lamp and nat available separately so unless you want to but new lamps, as your car has a removable/replaceable bulb you could find a led replacement bulb I'm sure one will exist from an aftermarket supplier.