Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 2005 D4D Slow To Rev ? Help Please

superhigh90

hi all

new to the toyota fourm would like to say....... HI :clap:.. .I am looking for a bit of help and advice from some kind persons .

ok i/ we have a toyota avensis 05 d4d 2.0 ,

it starts first tip will tick over all day long no problems , not missing or anything , it had a bit of a fire in d engine where the clutch went up (* ya i know how d f*&k did that happen , well it was not me it was previous owner ,, any how replaced the clutch with a complete (non) duel mass flywheel . all connections are on and wiring spliced and repaired ..Boost piping replaced as was the inlet throttle body.

ok so the car starts and drives but only in limp home mode type but not in limp mode no lights on dash and has been read all seems fine .

its very very slow to rev from 1k to 5k but will rev out ok until you try to drive it ... "lad" it would not pull d socks of a dead man ( as they say ) , turbo is spinning and actuator is opening and closing . no black/blue/ or white smoke from exhaust .. will check the connections again tomorrow to be sure to be sure ....as i could have crossed wires ??? maybe ???

HAS ANY ONE A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THE ENGINE LOOM ? in case i connected the wiring wrong ?

HAS ANYONE EVER COME ACROSS THIS BEFORE IF SO WHERE SHOULD I BE LOOKING ? any ideas would be great now

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE THAT CAN HELPPPP ME :clap:

Have just replaced the fuel filter and no difference ? it was dirty and fuel that came out looked really messy ... but made no difference....

anyone any ideas or advice ?

Do you have access to a diagnostic computer? If so look at the fuel pressure levels in the diesel pump when driving under full throttle, it should be higher than 100mpa if it is not check the suction control valve on the high pressure diesel pump.

hi all

new to the toyota fourm would like to say....... HI :clap:.. .I am looking for a bit of help and advice from some kind persons .

ok i/ we have a toyota avensis 05 d4d 2.0 ,

it starts first tip will tick over all day long no problems , not missing or anything , it had a bit of a fire in d engine where the clutch went up (* ya i know how d f*&k did that happen , well it was not me it was previous owner ,, any how replaced the clutch with a complete (non) duel mass flywheel . all connections are on and wiring spliced and repaired ..Boost piping replaced as was the inlet throttle body.

ok so the car starts and drives but only in limp home mode type but not in limp mode no lights on dash and has been read all seems fine .

its very very slow to rev from 1k to 5k but will rev out ok until you try to drive it ... "lad" it would not pull d socks of a dead man ( as they say ) , turbo is spinning and actuator is opening and closing . no black/blue/ or white smoke from exhaust .. will check the connections again tomorrow to be sure to be sure ....as i could have crossed wires ??? maybe ???

HAS ANY ONE A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THE ENGINE LOOM ? in case i connected the wiring wrong ?

HAS ANYONE EVER COME ACROSS THIS BEFORE IF SO WHERE SHOULD I BE LOOKING ? any ideas would be great now

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE THAT CAN HELPPPP ME :clap:

Hello and welcome to the Forum,??Did you get your car sorted out at all.

is there any connector plug "doublers" that could be mixed up?

sounds like maf or scv

hi guys

sorry for the late reply , first of all thanks for the replys and support .. it turned out to be a cracked wire on the loom... i replaced the loom and bingo !!!

everything works fine now . AGAIN THANKS A MILLION FOR THE REPLYS !!

maybe it might help someone else in the future

• Like 1