Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

[T230] Heat To The Rear Discs

wirek29

hello,

I did recently "brake efficiency test". i'm riding 50 km on highway without brake, later I slowdown without brake and I checking (hand) my brakes. Front discs is cold, but rear discs is hot (approx 60 C).

Regards

• 6 months later...

If your car is a gen 7 car, ive got a 53 plate t sport (2000-2007), there are several issues with the rear brakes that may cause heat build up. The calipers are prone to rusting and seizing up, ive just put new discs and pads all round, and all the sliders on the rear were seized, so had to force them out, and sand them down. New rear calipers are not that expensive and would guarentee you better brakes. Cheap to fit too. After this the new discs where rubbing against the backplates, causing metal shavings and got the rear wheels very warm! had to take them back apart and use a hammer to carefully bend the rear plate enough to clear. There was evidence of this happening before. Then theres the internal handbrake system, this needs to be adjusted through the small hole in disc, wheel needs to be off. After this brake overhaul my brakes are loads better than when i bought the car, just need to bleed some fresh fluid in and they will be as good as new. My best bet is that your calipers are seized on. If not either overhaul them yourself, or buy the parts and get a garage to fit for you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links