Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spiders

tallpol

Hi Everyone

New to the forums and new to Toyota. Have had a 2010 TR D-4D for a few weeks now and am pretty pleased. This query brings out the the OCPD in me. While washing and waxing for the first time I noticed a couple of small dead spiders (see pic) in the rear lights. I know I'll probably get a lot of people telling me not to worry or just give them names and live with them but I wanted to know if anyone has had their rear light out and could I get access to them to shake them out. There is another piece of plastic in front of the bulbs and this is where they are so taking the bulb out and a vacuum is no good. I can see a small slit at the bottom which might be enough to get a tube into to use a vacuum but was wondering is there any access at all when the whole unit is out.?

post-133644-0-22545400-1376477454_thumb.

It's pretty easy to remove the light assembly. Remove the boot trim as necessary, the clips pull out with appropriate pliers. This lets you in to unscrew the nuts. The wiring has one plug.

Aye I could see how having dead spiders in your clear rear light units would bug the hell out of you,sorry for then intentional bad pun.lol.It's not a sign of OCD cos I know it'd wind me up when I went round the back of the car,my eyes would be drawn to them everytime n it'd start to p**s me right off.

The lamp units are straight forward to remove but how you get the carcasses out will be trickier.Probably take the bulbs out and try n shake them out like a kid trying to rattle a 10p coin out of a piggybank :)

It'd be as much,how the hell did they get in there in the first place that'd niggle at me aswell !!!

On the subject of spiders I can't help having a grudging respect for the ones that always set up home behind the glass in my door mirror.Am not happy they're there but when it pops out and starts making a web at 80 mph you got to take your hat off to it.lol :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links