Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blown Fuse?

eillop

Hi,

I rarely drive at night but recently i noticed that the center console lights do not come on - in fact the whole console is dark except for the screen on the radio.

Also the there rev counter backlight and I think high beams no longer work.

I wasn't worried about this as I was sure it was a fuse. I check all the fuses to the left and right of the steering wheel and under bonnet - they all seem ok.

I checked all the fuses visually and with the beeper feature on the multimeter. Everything checks out.

What could it be? Are there more fuses?

Any help/ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

since you have checked the fuses then your next step is to check the bulbs

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Haynes manual there are two sets of fuses, one behind the instrument panel. The is set is are located ina second fuse box in the engine compartment behind the Battery. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Problem magically fixed itself.

I took out and tested every fuse - no idea what fixed it.

maybe it was a loose fuse and by removing and putting it it back you have reseated the fuse

It is just possible that the fuse link is broken (fractured) rather than blown, which would make a tiny break. Reseating the fuse make have moved the two spades to bring the broken ends back in contact (I've just had a good look at a fuse to check and there is a bit of movement available).

In which case the problem may return. I would try and identify exactly which fuse feeds the problem circuit and replace it anyway. Examination with a magnifying glass might reveal a crack, but for the cost/aggravation ratio involved I'd still put a new one in regardless.