Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multiple Posts

Soeley

First off if anyone gets offended by me saying this, then sorry, but no offence is intended.

Whilst I have sympathy for those that have had, and are still suffering from the EGR vale problems:

The number of Multiple Repeated posts seem to be getting silly and out of hand!

Twice today I have come on to the forum to see about 6 or 7 threads with new posts. Read the first thread and moved on only to find the rest have exactly the same post repeated. Why?

Just post it once in the most apt thread, I am sure everyone that visits the forum can see that there are new posts made to a thread so it will get read.

PS

I could copy and paste this to the 6 or 7 threads, but I won't :baby:

• Like 2

I totally agree with you. Certain members seem to think the more they post the same thing all over the iQ section, that it will be more effective. But its not. One thread would do the job.

• Like 2

Sorry for multiple posts, but now the potential used buyer looking online will be almost certain to get a warning on

possible problems if looking at iQ or iQ 2 from 2009 till late 2010 those with Euro 4 engines.

A keyword search will show quite possibly at least one of the threads.

The reason so many threads started was because after a few weeks or months the OP and threads were slipping back through the pages.

* If one post on the subject does the job, then why did people end up starting a new thread by posting with a new title on something they had not seen a post about already? **

So now non members might be given a heads up if they are on google when thinking about buying an iQ.

Current members know what its about, so can easily ignore them.

Or you would think they would and not waste 2 minutes of their life that they can never get back.

Great for buyers that find a good car and never ever have a problem, and never need to ask a question on here.

There are others that are not so lucky and have then to waste hours of their life getting matters sorted out.

Funnily yesterday a Moderator on the Forum did multiple posts only hours after calling another member a SPAMMER because they had done the same..

Odd to say the least

george

• Like 1

Thank you for saying it and it's not just you getting a bit annoyed! :disgust:

Craig.

• Like 1

I think the reason so many threads were started over time is that I think a lot of people do not use the search facility. If they did they could just keep adding to the original couple of threads.

• Like 1

Apologies for multiple posts, many of which were mine, My view on it is similar to George in the above post.

I just wish the EGR problem to become very visable for anyone searching (using Google) so they are for warned of the issue and don't get caught out.

Its not a problem for me I have had my EGR changed under warranty.

It could be a issue that can cost a unaware second hand IQ buyer a lot of money after the event.

I promise I will stop mentioning it when Toyota do the right thing and make it a Re Call item !

Perhaps a full page AD in national newspaper giving the EGR valve issue some better visability could be next on my list !

• Like 2

Firstly, some of might remember me :thumbsup: - yes I bought back my IQ, exactly same car only on 3k more than I sold it :) So welcome guys again, definitely keeping the IQ now I realise that it's actually a very good car!

Coming from the C2 Club, I think this forum could benefit from a redesign. Obviously being a mixed forum for Toyota owners is there any other IQ forums or a better way to display the threads? Sub categories would be very beneficial as the majority of the time you have to browse the page(s) to find recent posts. Having separate categories for say 'for sale thread', 'tech problems', 'general', 'members cars' would a very good idea. This way, people can browse/search the correct thread and topic they want to view without multiple posts being created. Just a idea, I understand this forum doesn't branch out in this way but would be a much better format for everyone :)

• Like 2

Glad to see you back Aaron!

I will keep an eye out for your IQ on the roads of Fife.

John

• Like 1

Glad to see you back Aaron!

I will keep an eye out for your IQ on the roads of Fife.

John

Cheers John, give us a flash :cheers:

• Like 1

Hello Aaron, welcome back :)

I think if you go here http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/ you might find the sub forums of the type you mentioned. I'd been a member for quite a while before I explored the rest of the site, as the Iq Forum is the page I set as a fovorite in my browser, so hardly every wonder in to any of the other sections :wacko:

• Like 1

Or just click on latest posts. By the way, glad to see you bought your old iQ back :) Its home now

Cheers for the warm welcome folks! Yeah, I mean't sub categories for just the IQ but have discovered more as I just had the link to this forum saved on my favourites :oops:

• Like 1

Why doesn't someone make a formal suggestion under 'Website Suggestions'? (on The Community page under Miscellaneous)

Why doesn't someone make a formal suggestion under 'Website Suggestions'? (on The Community page under Miscellaneous)

Just did :D http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/150779-iq-forum-subforums/#entry1286054

Hope this helps to the subject of multiple posts being made. It would be great to see it like other clubs and our homepage on the Toyota Owners Club.

Any supporting posts for the website suggestion would also help.

Any supporting posts for the website suggestion would also help.

How do you mean?

Other members who agree with the suggestion can post against the topic you've raised in the Website Suggestions forum For example - giving support to the suggestion, saying why it is a better format, giving examples of where else they've seen it work, etc.

Doesn't have to be anything major

Was just a suggestion and was nothing serious in the first place