Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ref My Post..... Yaris Diesel 2008Ecu

Towncrier

Hi all,

Does anybody think I have a chance of getting help from Toyota to pay the bill......

When you have stopped laughing please give me some GOOD advice.

Thank you

Serious question.

Receiving some goodwill contribution may be possible. Most manufacturers will consider goodwill cases when cars are outside the warranty period if the car has a dealer network service history (ie Toyota dealer network) - this applies to most manufacturers, not just Toyota.

Basically by continuing to use the manufacturer's dealer network for servicing when the car is outside warranty, a degree of brand loyalty is displayed by the customer. Also the manufacturer can trace what work has been undertaken on the car.

Conversely, if the car has a mixed service history (independents/non-manufacturer dealer network) goodwill contributions are less likely/unlikely.

Best bet is to ask your dealer to approach Toyota re a goodwill payment.

• Like 1

It is somethijng you need to take up with your dealer. They are the only ones who can put your case forward. Toyota do have a goodwill policy and will work with your dealer, so have a word with them and push for a contribution

As was mentioned in the other post, I suspect it is the wiring that has suffered some water ingress and not the ECU itself

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thank you for your help 'Kingo' I agree with the connections part of what you and the others have said.

I have been back to the dealer and he has agreed that the problem was with the connectors, the wording of the bill was misleading.

They have assured me that they have now sealed the joints so it will not happen again, but surely this raises another question...

Why were they not sealed like that in the factory?