Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2013 Auris 1.6 Sport

clacka

hi,just wanted to highlight the issue i have with bad wind noise from both the drivers and passenger side windows,at 60 mph it as good as howls through..i have raised it with a toyota agent who tested the car recently (because of a squeaky shock absorber) he said he didn't really notice any noise! Well he didn't drive to Cardiff and back...not pleasant..I've owned several Toyota's including Avensis and the older Auris with not even a whisper from the windows....please can i get some feedback from other owners,thanks.

Moved to the Auris club

I have a new Auris Excel and do notice wind noise over 55 MPH, so perhaps this is the de-facto for this car.

Any obvious damage to the door seals in the area around the mirrors? Try lubricating the door seals with some trim protector (Armorall or similar).

Fold your mirrors in and have a look between the mirror head and mirror arm, from the factory there is a manufacturing ID sticker in there which if not removed makes a howling noise when it starts to flap rapidly in the wind. I have had a few cars where the valet bay have missed removing these stickers and it sounds awful.

Recently had a good test drive of the new Auris Hybrid. Though a nice drive I found the wind and road noise much more noticeable than on my Avensis Tourer.

Thanks for replying to my post,I really do think its an issue but need lots more feedback from new Auris owners..

Yes, I also find the wind noise quite loud, it sounds like the window is open a tiny bit, not found the exact cause yet.

It seems I'm too busy enjoying the car.

Also the Dunlop SP Sport Fast Response fitted to the current Excel Hybrid, although the soft compound makes them quite grippy,

Does make them quite noisy, especially on any anti-slip surfaces.

G...