Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Far Will A Tank Of Petrol Go?

hazelwoods

The Fiesta I'm PXing does between 270 and 300 miles on a full tank, with my usual mix of driving conditions.

How far does your Yaris go on a tank of petrol/diesel?

I was getting about 230 miles out of my old (awful awful) 1.3L Fiesta.

My (super ossom :wub:) Yaris D4D gets about 550-600 out of 32-35L of fuel on a similar use-case :yahoo:

My all-time record was somewhere just under 800 miles from full to fumes, but that was 99% painfully tedious motorway driving/airport ferrying with almost no overtaking...

Thanks Cyker,

When I drove a Hybrid T4 yesterday I averaged about 53mpg and that was mostly around town.. A smaller tank will take less fuel, so cost less, but last further. Win, win , win :)

Erm that's not really very good mpg for a hybrid T4 - am consistently getting around 73mpg out of mine over a tankful with no effort (that's real mpg, not calculated by the car) , obviously less in winter but no complaints at all :)

Edit: and no I don't drive like a snail!

Thanks Yolina,

Once I get used to driving it I'm sure I'll get better mpg. By the time I took it back to the garage I was getting better figures than when I collected it.

How many miles do you get out of a full tank?

About 485 miles on about 30 litres - the tank in the hybrid is 36L including the reserve - pretty much all my driving is around London

That is very good :)

Most of mine will be just local, with the occasional trip to Edinburgh or Glasgow. If I get 400 miles per tankful I'll be delighted. If I get more it'll be fantastic.

Normally 450-480 miles out of about 32 litres of diesel. Usually get 60-63mpg. Best tank has been about 67 mpg so if I let it go closer to empty, I guess 550-600 miles is feasible.

• Like 1

300 - 360 Miles before the fuel light kicks in , im sure there is enough fuel when the light is showing for at least 20 miles +

• Like 1

That is very good :)

Most of mine will be just local, with the occasional trip to Edinburgh or Glasgow. If I get 400 miles per tankful I'll be delighted. If I get more it'll be fantastic.

Just remember 2 things:

1) mpg improves quite noticeably once the car has done its first 2500 to 3000 miles

2) winter = cold = petrol engine on more often = mpg takes a hit

Our Mark 1 Yaris d4d does 400-450 on a tank in the summer. In winter 380-400.

I have seen 500 miles - but on long motorway runs and no short journeys.

• Like 1

Michelin Energy tyres.

EGR cleaned.

Italian tune ups once a month.

Don't drive hard until engine is warm.

Perfect" the drive along with the traffic at minimal throttle openings..." method.

I had a drive in a Prius for a couple of hours.. great way of learning how to save fuel.

And no I am not an OAP driving at 40 on a motorway.. I am an OAP driving at 70mph (Cough!)

Edit: and read the traffic in advance so you minimise braking and acceleration.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links