Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Used Gem Assist?

dwilson

I am with the AA for the RAV at the moment but I will not be renewing. Just wondered if anyone on here had experience of Gem Assist?

Thanks

David

Excellent experience with Gem in the past but Auto Aid offers similar cover and is cheaper at £39.00 per year. This covers proposer and spouse and includes roadside repair, recovery, relay, hotel costs and home service. The only snag is that breakdown costs must be paid (credit cards are fine) and then recovered from Auto Aid. When I've used them, service has been excellent (they use a network of local garages) and I've been reimbursed within a week.

In the latest Which? report on car breakdown cover, of the third party breakdown cover providers Gem was a Which Recommended Provider - coming third behind Britannia Rescue (score 73%) and the AA (72%). Gem scored 69%.

Overall scores were based on feedback from Which? members who had called out a breakdown service for immediate assistance last year (5,772 Which? members). Customer satisfaction made up 50% of the score, average wait time 25%, and the percentage of cars repaired at the roadside 25%.

With carmaker branded cover, Club Toyota/Toyota Roadside Assistance came second (behind Hondacare Assistance) with a score of 71%, and again was a Which? Recommended Provider.

Gem and Club Toyota/Toyota Roadside Assistance both achieved the equivalent of 5 stars (out of 5) for customer satisfaction.

Been a member of GEM for many years, and really recommend them. Recently had a Battery fail at home, and the garage was there in 20 minutes, and the money repaid immediately. I just renewed at I believe £ 79, but they will also maybe do a deal!!!

Excellent experience with Gem in the past but Auto Aid offers similar cover and is cheaper at £39.00 per year. This covers proposer and spouse and includes roadside repair, recovery, relay, hotel costs and home service. The only snag is that breakdown costs must be paid (credit cards are fine) and then recovered from Auto Aid. When I've used them, service has been excellent (they use a network of local garages) and I've been reimbursed within a week.

Interesting - I will look them up and have a think.

In the latest Which? report on car breakdown cover, of the third party breakdown cover providers Gem was a Which Recommended Provider - coming third behind Britannia Rescue (score 73%) and the AA (72%). Gem scored 69%.

Overall scores were based on feedback from Which? members who had called out a breakdown service for immediate assistance last year (5,772 Which? members). Customer satisfaction made up 50% of the score, average wait time 25%, and the percentage of cars repaired at the roadside 25%.

With carmaker branded cover, Club Toyota/Toyota Roadside Assistance came second (behind Hondacare Assistance) with a score of 71%, and again was a Which? Recommended Provider.

Gem and Club Toyota/Toyota Roadside Assistance both achieved the equivalent of 5 stars (out of 5) for customer satisfaction.

Many thanks. I will check out Brittannia too but Gem sound good. Thanks again for all the detail.

Been a member of GEM for many years, and really recommend them. Recently had a battery fail at home, and the garage was there in 20 minutes, and the money repaid immediately. I just renewed at I believe £ 79, but they will also maybe do a deal!!!

Thanks, a flat Battery is all I have ever used the AA or TAX for. I just need to have some cover just in case. Good to know you recommend them.