Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chips In Paint Already!

Dasbob

Hello,

Well i had my car since mid June and i was aware of a chip in the windscreen and 2 bits on the paint work on the drivers side... but today cleaning my car i discovered about a dozen little white chips in the paint!

i know whats caused it, the week i got my car they decided to resurface sections of the 16 mile road i travel to work each day...you know the great way they do it where the road is covered in loose gravel, this meant weeks of constant pebble dashing to my car and surprisingly all the chips are on the drivers side....

any way no point crying over spilt milk, i want to patch it up and i am looking for advice. I have two questions... 1) what is my paint code? i tried searching for it on the drivers side door as indicated in every guide on the net, but i can not find it. I have an Island Blue car...which i found the code 8T7 on some obscure website, but no other websites list island blue...and 8T7 brings up "blue streak"... so i just want to be sure (it does look like it)

question 2) where is the best place to get a chip repair kit, i found "Chipex" and another company (paint repair or something, any way i dropped them after seeing a million bad reviews about how they dont send the stuff).

Any help as always, much appreciated!

Try sending Parts King (Kingo) a personal message. Not sure whether Toyota are moving over entirely to stickerfix, but Parts King will know whether touch up paint will be available in your colour

• Like 1

Get the touch up paint pot from your dealer. I was able to get that and it did a great job. Last time I had the stickerfix was about maybe 7 or 8 years ago on the first Yaris. The paint code is on the VIN plate, mines was inside the boot lid so maybe try looking there.

• Like 1

I sent parts king a message... and i can confirm it is 8T7. After Lorna said hers was in the boot i had a rummage around and found it was on the passenger side column (i had checked the door but missed the inside column doh!) ... so yes it is this "Blue streak" aka Island blue AKA 8T7.

I guess the next question is....do i use Toyotas paint or some one elses? which is best?

I'd stick with Toyota's - you should be sure of an exact colour match that way.

• Like 1

Right o, saw the paints in their today when i went to order my mats, in hind sight... will give them a ring monday, cheers!

NEVER use a colour name to order paint, it is the paint CODE you need, not the colour name

8T7 is the code you need, PM sent

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

My town has 3 main routes in & out, so naturally, they started chipping all 3, the same day I collected my new car.

So far, I have escaped reasonably lightly, with a couple of gloss coat chips on drivers side front & mirror.

However the drivers side window has 2 approx 2" long scratches in the glass, really weird (and annoying).

G...

Cheers kingo!, thanks for confirming the code, i got your pm this morning but i rang my local branch around the corner from where i work and they getting it to me along with my mats

geo, i am glad i am not the only one who has suffered, i think we should be able to claim a new paint job against the council for doing such shoddy work

Cheers kingo!, thanks for confirming the code, i got your pm this morning but i rang my local branch around the corner from where i work and they getting it to me along with my mats

geo, i am glad i am not the only one who has suffered, i think we should be able to claim a new paint job against the council for doing such shoddy work

I know your suffering I live in the country and they resealed the road which we live on so no avoiding it and every time we drive up it and another car drives down I stop my car to lightening impact, and my wife makes fun of me !Removed! women hey. Was thinking of leaving the car at a farmers yard up the road till the stone had gone or cleaned up.

• 6 months later...

I have found Sonax coloured polish and chipstick good at disguising the small chips. The chipstick with Turtles Colour Magic is a bit dark and the Sonax chipstick a bit light but it darkens with the polish. Wear gloves the polish stains. It is a pity nobody sells a selection of coloured "chipsticks" without the polish. I got touch up from my dealer when it was delivered but it needs to be a big chip and as yet these are just gravel pits. Its the stuff they use in the winter and do not sweep up after.