Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4 2002 Check Strap

Thomick

Well mine snapped so I'm needing a new one. I'm happy to fit a second hand one if anyone has fitted a new longer one and still has the old one lying around for sale. I'm reluctant to spend £50 on a new one for an 11 year old car with 130,000 miles on the clock but needs must. Any cunning ideas?

I have got a standard one that came off my 53 plate 2004 facelift model when I fitted the extended one.

You would need to make sure it is the correct one for yours.

If so contact me with a PM and make me a sensible offer, it might as well go to someone who can use it.

Phil

Hi Thomick,might be a good idea with this if you add what area you live in and then if anyone has one local to you you could go and see if it would fit your motor

Del

• Like 1

It looks like I'm going to buy Phil's old check strap. My only problem now is that the bracket thingy which connects the check strap to the car is damaged (I think I can fix that) but the pin is a goner. What to replace the broken pin with? Any suggestions?

post-45492-0-30874700-1377088838_thumb.j

A new pin?

The pin on the hinged end comes on the check strap, the pin on the door end can be purchased seperatly

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yes the door end. How much is it?